Transfers between streetcars and the Ontario Line stations should be mostly on-street transfers. Unless they decide to use on-street streetcar platforms, like the old Bloor streetcar transfer. Too bad we don't add opposite side doors on the streetcars, to use a centre platform for both direction transfers.

From link.
942e-20150825-YongeBloor-1950sCrowd.jpg

20150825-YongeBloor-1950s.jpg

20150825-YongeBloor-StreetcarStop.jpg

The only exceptions would be a loop for the 505 DUNDAS streetcars at the GERRARD STATION.

Last edited:
Transfers between streetcars and the Ontario Line stations should be mostly on-street transfers. Unless they decide to use on-street streetcar platforms, like the old Bloor streetcar transfer. Too bad we don't add opposite side doors on the streetcars, to use a centre platform for both direction transfers.

From link.
942e-20150825-YongeBloor-1950sCrowd.jpg

20150825-YongeBloor-1950s.jpg

20150825-YongeBloor-StreetcarStop.jpg

The only exceptions would be a loop for the 505 DUNDAS streetcars at the GERRARD STATION.

this type of transfer is exactly what we should be building at East Harbour station (only w/ stairs going up instead of down). Do we have any indication something like this is planned?

this type of transfer is exactly what we should be building at East Harbour station (only w/ stairs going up instead of down). Do we have any indication something like this is planned?

These days, they'll require to have up-and-down escalators and elevators, as well. Which is why a centre platform accessed by left side doors on the streetcars maybe desirable. Even if we will continue to use streetcar loops.

See link to Boston's plans...
769_screenshot20180507at124845pm.jpeg

Futuristic MBTA Green Line streetcars, coming in 2028, could be self-driving

MBTA officials are looking into a $3.5 billion plan to overhaul the Green Line, bringing new trolleys to upgraded tracks onto the light rail system.

The tunnels of the Green Line date back to 1897, making the system the oldest in America.

The Green Line, which sees four lines converge on downtown Boston, has about 200,000 trips every weekday. It's the busiest in the country, running along Boston University up to Boston College, and in the other direction, past the Museum of Science and into Cambridge.

The proposed changes, if implemented, could increase ridership to 450,000 a day.

But a consultant's report from November 2017 about derailment issues and said many "components within the Green Line system are well beyond their normal useful lifecycles and require replacement."

I've never understood why sound barrirers like this aren't covered by vine plants or something to that nature. Instead, they like to give the graffiti "artists" a new clean canvas for their trash.

Amusing. The trees along the rail corridor should be left alone but trimmed back to make space for the guideway with a walking path underneath circling the park.

wait wth. that looks like a low floor LRV. Please no.
Highly doubt it. According to specifications, it looks like the trains will be more in line with existing modern metro systems around the world. If they did go for low floor LRV's, I'd be begging to go back to the Relief Line. Besides, trains will be picked by the successful team which consists of Alstom, Hitachi, and Siemens. The way I see it, the OL could use the Alstom Metropolis, the Hitachi Driverless Metro, or the Siemens Inspiro.

1611892037144.png

1611892076174.png

1611892124834.png

1611892172153.png

Highly doubt it. According to specifications, it looks like the trains will be more in line with existing modern metro systems around the world. If they did go for low floor LRV's, I'd be begging to go back to the Relief Line. Besides, trains will be picked by the successful team which consists of Alstom, Hitachi, and Siemens. The way I see it, the OL could use the Alstom Metropolis, the Hitachi Driverless Metro, or the Siemens Inspiro.

View attachment 296890

View attachment 296891
View attachment 296892

View attachment 296893
Possibly a good chance it will either be the Alstoms or the Hitatchi trains since both will have North American specd trains in service by the time work stats on the OL. The Alstom trains in Montreal part of their REM, and the Hitatchi trains in Honolulu as part of the Honolulu Subway. I would put my money on the Alstom trains though as they will have a manufacture base in Canada, I just hope if we do choose the Alstom trains we change up the front end design a bit since personally I am not really a fan of the Montreal/Sydney desing. Specifically the front end bumper design, but that's just a personal nit pick. Also they're going to make the trains grey and white aren't they?

Last edited:

View attachment 296890

View attachment 296891
View attachment 296892

View attachment 296893

Oooo I like these Siemens. Almost looks like its TTC themed already

1611936184354.png

1611936201902.png

Back