1614033376540.png

If he was being to required to clean it up, sure. But he isn't. Who knows, remediation could be put off for years, or even decades. Or a land use could be done that doesn't even require remediation.

If you put the clean-up off long enough, the present worth is near $0. Meanwhile the property generates a revenue stream. So what's the present value of that revenue stream - that ends when he sells it?

I'd think that trying to force him to take $1 for it would be criminal, if I we didn't have a long history of Metrolinx's legal incompetence.
Yup. The proper valuation would be on the highest and best use that can occupy the site without remediation. Which may just be the existing use. So the value would likely be relatively low as it would be considered to have no "Development potential" in the pricing, but it should still be valued on the existing cash flow at worst.

The design company that created the Metrolinx Subway Design Standard for the OL was marketing itself to me on Instagram using images from that doc.
dexd (@dexdinc) • Instagram photos and videos

On their website, I found higher quality concept images of the stations. And even a video render of some stations.
Metrolinx Subway Station Architecture Design Standards — dexd

DS-09 Subway Station Architecture Design Standard - Animation of Requirements - Metrolinx - YouTube

Looks like Skytrain and REM had a baby.
1615520350209.png

1615520280735.png
1615520296827.png
1615520267328.png

1615520318591.png

1615520336546.png

1615520441237.png
1615520469909.png

Attachments

• 1615520351204.jpeg
    1615520351204.jpeg
    224.8 KB · Views: 140
Thank goodness they have saved the Big Wax car wash and Budget Car Rental from destruction. As my car is cleaned I feel immersed in history as I imagine how parliamentarians of the early 1800s rode their horses through Big Wax horse wash. Seriously though, clearly government is going to need to be involved to make the location into a historical site worthy of visiting... why not have a interpretive centre / subway station building? I mean, rather than fight Metrolinx and the province why not partner with them to accomplish something.

The design company that created the Metrolinx Subway Design Standard for the OL was marketing itself to me on Instagram using images from that doc.
dexd (@dexdinc) • Instagram photos and videos

On their website, I found higher quality concept images of the stations. And even a video render of some stations.
Metrolinx Subway Station Architecture Design Standards — dexd

DS-09 Subway Station Architecture Design Standard - Animation of Requirements - Metrolinx - YouTube

Looks like Skytrain and REM had a baby.
View attachment 305234
View attachment 305229View attachment 305230View attachment 305228
View attachment 305231
View attachment 305232
View attachment 305235View attachment 305236
I said it last time these were posted and I will say it again. Don't get used to those designs. Metrolinx and the Province have a knack for sucking the life and soul out of the room. Also what is there obsession with the colour white? Its not bad but they just seem to use so much of it, and give it nothing to contrast against; why can't we have colourful stations anymore. Why does everything have to be so bland, generic, and paint by committee...

Looking forward to seeing how Station Name turns out!
Ideally they will go with what are to me at least the obvious names (most of which are already shown on the map):
  1. Science Centre (Connection to Line 5)
  2. Flemingdon Park
  3. Thorncliff Park
  4. Cosburn
  5. Pape (Connection to Line 2)
  6. Gerrard
  7. Lesliville
  8. East Harbour
  9. Corktown
  10. Moss Park
  11. Queen (Connection to Line 1)
  12. Osgoode (Connection to Line 1)
  13. Chinatown
  14. Fashion District (this is the only one that sounds "off" to me. The word "Fashion" just really stands out to me and not in a good way; it just comes off as artificial. Whereas the other names along the line all have a "history" to them; they sound like actual places. Maybe someone could find another name for the station at Bathurst and King).
  15. Exhibition

Last edited:
14. Fashion District (this is the only one that sounds "off" to me. The word "Fashion" just really stands out to me and not in a good way; it just comes off as artificial. Whereas the other names along the line all have a "history" to them; they sound like actual places. Maybe someone could find another name for the station at Bathurst and King).​

14. Wheat Sheaf. After the tavern.

(MADD would be mad about this.)

"The most persistent urban legend that surrounds the Wheat Sheaf involves a tunnel that apparently ran between the tavern and the military barracks.

Sadly, this is almost surely a bit of hopeful fiction, given that the distance between the bar and the Fort is about 500 metres.

The engineering prowess to construct such a thing without detection is quite frankly unthinkable, particularly when you consider that soldiers were given a daily beer ration.

Tunnel or no tunnel, the Wheat Sheaf is one of the city's most historically imbued places. If the walls could talk, the tale would be as epic a narrative as Toronto has to tell."

Now with a possible "Ontario Line" , we actually could end up with a tunnel between the tavern and Fort York.

See link. 😄 😄

Last edited:

Back