News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Re: Ontario's trillium gets make-over

The new one is unlovely and amateurish.
I much prefer any of the older versions.

It's too pointy. We'll all end up poking our eyes out!

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

Given John Tory's record in politics, he'll need something to help him win.

England and Spain went to war over an ear, so there's no reason why the next Ontario election can't be fought over a flower.

John Tory is going to make this an election issue:

I don't see this as a partisan thing, unlike Tory and the Tories, just a matter of bad design and no imagination. (I just don't see the connection to the Liberal logo). All the better though if he gets enough support to reverse it. But maybe it will have as much effect as MillerHighwayRobbery.com.

I hate the change because I believe that the old logo was a superior piece of design work. However, the media and Tory are taking issue that "Dalton McGuinty and the Liberals have changed the logo to more closely resemble the Liberal Party logo".

Can someone please explain to me how the new Ontario logo "resembles" this the party logo?

trillium-new.jpg

Ontarioliberallogo.PNG

(Other than the fact that they both suck?)

The Liberal Party of Ontario logo uses a trillium because that's the flower of Ontario. That's pretty much it.

I think of it as happy people tossing boomerangs.

Not very Ontario.

The old one is an excellent design and instantly recognizable. The new is just terrible. But it does not resemble the Liberal logo except that it uses the same symbol, which is akin to the maple leaf appearing in every nationally elected federal party's logo... Non-issue, aside from the fact that the change is terrible and should be abondoned for that reason.

yuck, the new logo fits better for a trade union or recruitment service. Old one please!

Simply Dan is right, it looks like a school board logo.

Which Liberal Party logo does it look like? Is there an older logo that is similar? I would sign a save the Ontario logo petition if it was on a website that wasn't so obviously playing politics and stating it "looks like the Liberal logo".

Well, it is a PC party website...

Three people in a hottub is the best description I've heard.

Back