8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

UrbanAffair

Member Bio
Reaction score
Discuss.... My thoughts, are Im glad, but unsure how much it will change things. On the other hand, Im frustrated that it could have been done faster if so much resources hadn't been poured in to a war of choice in Iraq, that really had nothing to do with the attacks of 9-11.

It's a bit odd for me to celebrate the death of a human, but it certainly feels good to be ending a chapter. Ultimately, the book is still being written, but turning the page brings about a feeling of hope.

Oh... and this made me giggle:

tumblr_lkjvu3DjsN1qzef04o1_500.jpg

I don't know. It feels kind of like a symbolic gesture after almost 10 years. Kind of like, "oh, were we still after him"? Anti-climactic to me.

And I don't think it really ends a chapter. There's still a lot of work to be done in Afghanistan, for example. No one has ever "won" in Afghanistan anyway; those wars just go on for ever. And don't forget that Bin Laden has a number of very dedicated disciples who will likely be looking to retaliate and make his death meaningful or something.

Do we know that he really is dead? Has Trump vetted the death certificate yet?

Does it really matter anymore? And does it matter at all? Bin Laden was the admitted leader, but a leader of "cells", so it was a dubious (for the lack of a better word) title from the start.

However, don't get me wrong, Bin Laden was a murderer, death of innocents, or "collateral damage" if you prefer is not an option to me.

So. The U.S. just carried out a secret mission to murder, in a foreign sovereign country.
No capture and trial of the suspect.
The theatrical lies are starting to wear off a bit, and it's looking like a straightforward CIA/Military op to put a bullet in a guy's head.

It's interesting to me now that we seem to be so comfortable or strangely used to the idea of the U.S. doing this (or other really scary things), that there's very little moral shock, surprise or discomfort around it. Jus' doin' their job.

The leader gone wrong, trained by the CIA to kill. Guess they don't want to hear about that in a public courtroom. There's a lot to think about here.

Better a time for sober reflection than crass celebration.

I would be nervous if i was Obama messing with these Muslim extremist. Islam is a dangerous religion, they stone people to death for committing adultery! Renouncing Islam can also carry the death penalty in a number of countries including Iran, Saudi-Arabia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Sudan.

Back