I can't say that I am all that impressed with this project. In particular, I find the podium a little hulking and overwhelming - maybe it's just the renderings and elevations. I know it it's early days, and the design can be refined, but this is a key site and this is some pretty bland architecture.

At 55 storeys (hard to read on my device, but mechanical height of 243m?), these would presumably be the tallest buildings in Ottawa-Gatineau?

Last edited:
Article on the development: Four 55-Storey Towers Planned for Ottawa Transit Junction

20560-70418.jpeg

I like what I see. However, is there the market in Ottawa to sell so many condos? This would influence how Bayswarter, Lebreton and City Centre are developed. Tall and dense away from Parliament. This would change the neighbourhood for sure.

Paul

Edward,

I used to be a member of Urban Toronto (Mr. Ottawa) many years ago. I left due to family pressures (busy) but still lurk. Living in Ottawa I have been a lobbyist for urben development for years. I have recently being putting pressure on Western Councillors and the Mayor to realign Phase II of LRT to include expansion to Kanata. I posted some comments in the Ottawa/LRT/Phase II forum regarding my thoughts.

I am excited to see this development and Lebreton Flats. This will likely influence development of the Western portion of the flats to include higher and more dense development.

It is interesting to see the developing around the O-Train's Carling station.

Paul

Three-tower development plan at O-Train junction needs tweaks, critics say
Jon Willing, Ottawa Citizen, 13 December 2016

"A three-tower plan for a site near an O-Train rail juncture no longer calls for the development to span the tracks onto city parkland.

"Critics have turned their attention to how the proposed mixed-use complex at 900 Albert St., across from Bayview transit station, will promote pedestrian and cycling access, especially on the south side of the site. [...]"

How much did that bridge and the head house across the tracks cost? I know Trinity paid for the bridge, but I'm pretty confident the City paid for the headhouse. Money could have been invested better in widening the Dow's Lake Station trench, or doubling Walkley?

How much did that bridge and the head house across the tracks cost? I know Trinity paid for the bridge, but I'm pretty confident the City paid for the headhouse. Money could have been invested better in widening the Dow's Lake Station trench, or doubling Walkley?
Definitely worth more for those options. I guess we'll have to make the city investment worthwhile then. I'll start by going over and walking to the end of the bridge and stare at the nothingness of the lot, maybe throw in an existential crisis and then call it a day till the next time I go. We could also throw coins at the wall and so then they'll see people making a wish for the lot to go up 😂

IMO they will offload. They have the Richmond and Churchhill project to complete and this would be magnitudes bigger than anything they have done before. Their 2023 Q4 report will be out in about a month and we can see if they provide timeline updates. As of the Q3 report in November they had no planned completion date for this project (2027 for Churchhill/Richmond).

Back