News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.2K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Do you mean the Rideau Centre parking garage across Daly? If so, they do own it. As I recall, there have been concepts involving a hotel at that spot.
That's the one. That's great news. I'm glad they're not locked then. That''ll be really beneficial for Rideau Centre.

This one has been slow going, but happy it's finally at grade. Should be a decent addition to the skyline.

This is rising steadily now. Won’t be long until it’s poking up above the mall

IMG_4046.jpeg

After this, the Andaz addition is the only active project left to rise in the entire Byward Market/Lowertown. I can't remember a bigger lull in that neighbourhood than the upcoming one, anytime in the past 20 years.

Really looking forward to seeing this one rise. Seems like all of the difficult work is done now with moving the building and the complicated garage entrances, should go up fairly quickly now!

After this, the Andaz addition is the only active project left to rise in the entire Byward Market/Lowertown. I can't remember a bigger lull in that neighbourhood than the upcoming one, anytime in the past 20 years.
I'm hoping the northern stretch of Dalhousie gets some attention now that space is running out in the market proper. The surface parking at the corner of Dalhousie and St. Patrick, and on Dalhousie between St. Patrick and Guigues would be excellent spots for midrise residential with ground floor retail/restaurant.

my first call would be knock down that LCBO on rideau and king eddy, they sell alcohol in corner stores now so it servers no greater purpose but to attracting the unsavory. demolish it and build a 30s to block the atrocity behind it.

my first call would be knock down that LCBO on rideau and king eddy, they sell alcohol in corner stores now so it servers no greater purpose but to attracting the unsavory. demolish it and build a 30s to block the atrocity behind it.
That's one of the LCBO's flagship stores, and it has a large collection of vintages in the basement. That site will be redeveloped, but any redevelopment will almost certainly include an LCBO.

This lot is on the edge of the protected view plane in that area, so nothing taller than Royale will ever be built here... Maybe 28s max.

I'm hoping more residential in the actual market continues... Would like to see progress on the Clardige tower behind Andaz 1 and 2, redevelopment of that Courtyard Marriott and its huge surface parking lot, and smaller buildings throughout. That large parking lot at Waller & Stewart too has to go.

I'm hoping more residential in the actual market continues... Would like to see progress on the Clardige tower behind Andaz 1 and 2, redevelopment of that Courtyard Marriott and its huge surface parking lot, and smaller buildings throughout. That large parking lot at Waller & Stewart too has to go.
Agreed, that one Courtyard Marriott has to go, we could put something pretty substantial with that lot being redeveloped and the building/surface parking lot going.

Being in the middle of the market I don't see us getting any height on the Marriott lot, so I wonder what would be the ideal mass & design for a new development on that lot.

Back