8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Ric

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase at either Parklake or NXT and I wanted some input as to which project would offer better value (location, price/sq.ft, amenities, features and builder reputation). Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys for the overwhelming response to my query. ;) I'm going to chose the Parklake; closer to the lake and better standard features. Plus heard about shady practice from NXT developer (Cresford).

Belated, but I think you made the right choice. There have been many Cresford issues raised and my spidey senses say it's best to steer clear.

Once, I may chose the East building. Will cost about $10,000 lest than the same model in the West building. Right now I have to count my pennies.

Once, I may chose the East building. Will cost about $10,000 *lest than the same model in the West building. Right now I have to count my pennies.

*less

Another question. Is there a reason y all condo developers ask for 15-25% deposit? 25% deposit on a $400K unit is alot of money to tie up for 3-5 years at very low interest rate trust accounts. Low rise builders usually ask for far less (max 40k deposit)

Parklake hands down.

I'm not sure why the East building is cheaper? There will be absolutely nothing built east of it as it's parkland, so you get nice views if your unit is eastwards or southwards or westward facing.

Jarrick,

The unit is in the East building but the balcony is West facing, so that could be the reason, but in any case the equivalent unit in the west building has similar view, thus I can't see the reason for the 10k premium. I do agree, the views will be excellent, with no chance of unpleasant surprises in the future; all parkland (east, north and lake to the south). I'm not sure however why they haven't been sold out as yet. Sales office has been opened since January of 2006. Maybe you guys know something I don't. :confused:

Jarrick,

The unit is in the East building but the balcony is West facing, so that could be the reason, but in any case the equivalent unit in the west building has similar view, thus I can't see the reason for the 10k premium. I do agree, the views will be excellent, with no chance of unpleasant surprises in the future; all parkland (east, north and lake to the south). I'm not sure however why they haven't been sold out as yet. Sales office has been opened since January of 2006. Maybe you guys know something I don't. :confused:

The only negative thing about that building is that it's sandwiched between two major arteries (Lakeshore, Gardiner), with a third one a bit further north (Queensway). If you like the constant noise hum of the highway, then I guess this shouldn't bother you. Mind you most buildings downtown that are close to the Gardiner face the same problems.

I think its the price premium for waterfront views that are turning a lot of people away. But I'm quite sure that units in this building will have higher resale values than any other new condo in the area.

I asked the sales rep at the NXT why their suites were on average $40-50K more than the Parklake (which is next door but closer to the lake). Told me that NXT will have Fendi designed lobby furnishings. Wow, $50K extra for a designer lobby, are people buying this bullshit. :mad:

parklake

Parklake is way better then NXT, also prices are way cheaper. The location of NXT is right in the middle of townhomes complex. Crowdy...50 K more for fendi designer. Parklake has 5 stainless steel apl, hardwood no laminate, granite countertop. Is already top furnished. Parklake, great value. Anyone who bought there GREAT CHOICE.

My opinion? Your picking 2 of the worst developers in the city. If I were you I would check out some of the places at palace pier or further down lakeshore.

Back