News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The west end tends to have nicer people.

It may be just downtown's east side that has the most unfriendly and miserable people that you can imagine.

To be honest, you come across as a bit of a judgmental jerk, which may explain why people were cool towards you. Sounds like the people in the east downtown have your number.

Im moving out May 1st. Hated feeling so disconnected from the rest of the city. I was essentially right between WQW, Liberty Village and Parkdale. It was great the first month or so but I miss being closer to downtown.

You lived near Jarvis Street before, no? Sounds like you might be near Joe Shuster Way - that area did strike me as being a little out of the way, even if good things were close by.

Do you mind PM'ing me? I have some questions to ask you.

Downtown can get depressing though. Even people in customer service aren't that friendly. People are more relaxed in rental apts outside of downtown and actually say hi in the elevators. I think so many people downtown are scared and defensive and are used to saying no to panhandlers and others wanting a piece of you. The west end tends to have nicer people.
My experience matches this somewhat. Living in a building right downtown can mean being part of a very transient community where people are coming and going and don't always have a long-standing connection with the area (and thereby their neighbours). Not to say there's anything wrong with this. Getting even slightly out of the downtown (i.e., west of Bathurst, over the Don, etc.) and the amount of chit-chat in elevators and such increases remarkably.

If you have never been inside the Liberty Grand, at the CNE, check out this video. I had been in this building many years ago, when it was used during the CNE but I don't remember it being this nice inside. I filmed it during Doors Open.

https://youtu.be/mlI0snfgx88

MetCap CEO almost ran over protester in Parkdale, community legal worker says

Codi Wilson, CP24.com
Published Wednesday, May 31, 2017 6:52AM EDT

http://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/met...arkdale-community-legal-worker-says-1.3436860

Looks more like a protester jumping in front of a truck.
As a Parkdalian, I can attest to the world class number of residents with low IQs.
Not paying your rent will have one of two outcomes...you are evicted and now face much higher market rents than you had, or you end up paying the rent you to owe prevent being evicted plus the $137 filing charge to the LTB.

Protesting legal rent increases approved by the LTB (protesting the wrong people) by illegal action is the height of stupidity, and probably accounts for the fact you can't afford a sh*tty Parkdale apt.

Looks more like a protester jumping in front of a truck.

Yeah, got what was coming to them.

As a Parkdalian, I can attest to the world class number of residents with low IQs.

You're right. If they were smart they'd be living in Rosedale. Come to think of it why do you live in Parkdale then?

Not paying your rent will have one of two outcomes...you are evicted and now face much higher market rents than you had, or you end up paying the rent you to owe prevent being evicted plus the $137 filing charge to the LTB.

Protesting legal rent increases approved by the LTB (protesting the wrong people) by illegal action is the height of stupidity, and probably accounts for the fact you can't afford a sh*tty Parkdale apt.

How dare they not just suck it up. Can't these people just vacate Parkdale already???

Last edited:
You're right. If they were smart they'd be living in Rosedale. Come to think of it why do you live in Parkdale then?

I never said it stupid to live in Parkdale....I said it was full of stupid people (and I'm not referring to the mentally ill, which we have a world class number of as well).

How dare they not just suck it up. Can't these people just vacate Parkdale already???

Don't worry...all they have to do is keep up with their "rent strike", and they will be vacating. ;)

Back