8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Kaizen

Member Bio
Reaction score
Could this symposium be another key to creating solutions that help reduce some of the diverse societal ills that have been increasing in our communities: Crime, poverty, homelessness, nimbyism, sprawl, mental/emotional/spiritual/physical health syndrome? Or does it just create more gobbledegook?
I think it could be a start to something good? But has anything worked to reduce crime and homeless and such before? I know of the drastic reduction in the crime rate in NYC that started in the late '90s, and that its methods have had some failures along with success.
For our community to thrive I think we need to start building a healthy societal infrastructure with the right mix of police enforcement and whatever it takes to raise our collective societal intelligence, drastically. We, as a society, are all so very "dumbed-down' & egotistical that often nothing tangible is accomplished. Sheesh!
The Participatory Edmonton Symposium on March 6 and 13, presented by the City of Edmonton and the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues (EFCL), is an opportunity for us to gather, learn, share, and inspire one another to animate our neighbourhoods and communities.

Opinion: Let's reimagine our neighbourhoods for a resilient and cohesive city​

Author of the article:
Keren Tang, Shad Tebay
Publishing date:
Feb 27, 2021 • Last Updated 2 days ago • 3 minute read
1614614556595.png

The Edmonton skyline is visible behind the neighbourhood of
Griesbach, in Edmonton, Alta. File photo. PHOTO BY DAVID BLOOM /Postmedia

Back