News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

This seemed like the most relevant thread for this though not specifically about parks, but parking in general.

"The changes could include higher parking fees and less time allowed in certain curbside parking locations.

The report says the strategy would be in line with The City Plan which was passed in 2020 as a way to guide Edmonton’s growth to two million people."

This seemed like the most relevant thread for this though not specifically about parks, but parking in general.

"The changes could include higher parking fees and less time allowed in certain curbside parking locations.

The report says the strategy would be in line with The City Plan which was passed in 2020 as a way to guide Edmonton’s growth to two million people."
I do wonder sometimes about what we should do with street parking. In my neighborhood, there are a few dozen vehicles essentially “stored” on the street that haven’t moved for months, if not years. Or people complain about bike lanes removing street parking, yet their garage and pad are empty. Not sure what the best path forward is, but people not storing private vehicles for free on public streets seem to be carrying a huge tax burden then shouldn’t have to. I’d be interested in other people’s thoughts. I know some cities do permits based on household occupants. Or paid monthly street parking for residential areas.

Back