News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Here's one I took today of MaRs:
2386534374_b0d79e5be6.jpg

Need Help???

Hello All,

I was hoping to find some photos of Joe Broderick. He owned the Palais Royale from 1949 to 1966. If anybody could steer me in that direction it would be greatly appreciated. If you also know anywebsite where his picture might be posted, please let me know. I have looked at a couple, but nuthin??

You can also email your suggestions:

mark_broderick@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Mark

Hello All,

I was hoping to find some photos of Joe Broderick. He owned the Palais Royale from 1949 to 1966. If anybody could steer me in that direction it would be greatly appreciated. If you also know anywebsite where his picture might be posted, please let me know. I have looked at a couple, but nuthin??

you'll never find that online. the best is to hire a professional visual researcher to dig into the picture materials at the Toronto Archives. the Archives may have a list of people they recommend. if any pictures exist there, a good visual researcher will find them. you can hire a decent one for about $30 an hour. its a crap shoot though--they could find it in an hour or they could spend two days and find nothing. they don't tend to work on spec, and they get paid whether they find something or not...

also, there may be a copyright on the images, and the archive may charge a license fee if you intend to use them commercially.

anyway, my feeling is that there are likely to be images of him floating around. the entertainment sections of the daily newspapers would have shot at the Palais many times, and its likely that Broderick would have been included in those photographs at least a few times. the old Telegram archives are public domain i think; the Star archive is copyrighted.

the other option is to go directly to his family, (kids, surviving spouse etc), or the estate. no doubt they will have pictures of the subject.

good luck!

sunnyside2.jpg

pc_palais.jpg

Here's a shot from my latest excursion.

2636064672_ac5c781da2_o.jpg

I've got more, some of construction and whatnot that I'll be posting on the site. Feel free to use any of the shots I post, it's fine by me.

Back