News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Ugh. Navigator. Weren’t they the firm that white washed Michael Bryant?
Yup. And Jian Ghomeshi, and many more. If you go back far enough you can find they even worked for Brian Mulroney during the Karlheinz Schreiber affair too.

Kind of shocking to see Adam Vaughan has fallen in with them. I guess billing $1,000/hour is enough to give up your morals.

Kind of shocking to see Adam Vaughan has fallen in with them.

thor-ragnarok-thor.gif

Ugh. Navigator. Weren’t they the firm that white washed Michael Bryant?
I have no stake in this game but surely Michael Bryant hired Navigator in the same way one hires a lawyer. Their job is to 'get their client off" (or "clean", in his case.) That's what PR firms like this do and Navigator is clearly quite good at it....

I have no stake in this game but surely Michael Bryant hired Navigator in the same way one hires a lawyer. Their job is to 'get their client off" (or "clean", in his case.) That's what PR firms like this do and Navigator is clearly quite good at it....
Well they certainly "cleaned" him up, quite literally. There were allegations a Navigator staff member, or someone they retained, had non-regulation access to Bryant granted before his grand exit from the police station to face the media after being in a holding cell. Some further wondered if that unusual access came with a cost paid secretly in cash because it was reported to be not regular for anyone to be able drop off a dry-cleaned change of clothes to the station like it was a giant concierge service.

Last edited:
He was good friends with someone at Navigator and was offered their services immediately. The situation was recently covered in great detail by Canadian True Crimes and is a very interesting listen.

Chrystia Freeland the next Liberal leader? Maybe not...

At least four different sources — in Ottawa, Washington and Brussels, where NATO is headquartered — say Freeland's name has been tossed around for several months in international defence and security circles as a potential successor to the current secretary general, former Norwegian prime minister Jens Stoltenberg, who has been in the job since 2014.

I'm sure that caught the attention of Mark Carney who is her rival in the whisper campaign underway already.

Last edited:
Ngl, I'm surprised that she rose to Deputy PM/Finance Minister only to decide she didn't want to grab the brass ring.

I suppose that's fair. If Trudeau runs again, he will likely be the last Liberal leader who wins an election before the next spell of Conservative rule. I suspect Poilievre has the right mix of canny and timing to win. No reason for Freeland to stick around to captain the ship as it sink beneath the waves as Kim Campbell did. Could be that she could return after a stint at NATO to attempt replace the placeholder Liberal leader of the opposition in 8-10 years.

Back