News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Lovely shots! I have a huge soft spot for The Ex grounds as I loved The CNE growing up. Now I live really close by and have the privilege of biking through it many times a week.
So deserted there except for neighbouring runners and cyclists. I have fond memories of the Ex growing up. First time I actually took the time to explore the grounds in ages.

IMG_8836.JPG
IMG_8820.JPG
IMG_8740.JPG
IMG_8742.JPG
IMG_8741.JPG
IMG_8739.JPG

Tonight at 23:30, Ontario Northland's departure to North Bay will be the last bus to use the Toronto Coach Terminal.

Since the pandemic started, it has become more and more empty. Planned to get some last photos, but building was only open for a few short hours.

Here is a view of the interior in 2012:

Tonight at 23:30, Ontario Northland's departure to North Bay will be the last bus to use the Toronto Coach Terminal.

Since the pandemic started, it has become more and more empty. Planned to get some last photos, but building was only open for a few short hours.

Here is a view of the interior in 2012:

I would certainly hope that this portion of the complex is retained, in full; and restored, where appropriate (such as removing those hideous floors). So hopefully more photos to come, just not with the building as a working bus terminal.

I would certainly hope that this portion of the complex is retained, in full; and restored, where appropriate (such as removing those hideous floors). So hopefully more photos to come, just not with the building as a working bus terminal.

You'd hope so but Toronto rarely preserves interiors. We usually just get 1 exterior wall as a reminder of what once stood there. I suppose in the future they won't even do that. They'll print a 3D image of what once stood there and glue it to the side of the new building. From 50m away it will look like it's still there but in reality it's just a photo. They already do a similar thing with 'wood' floors. They use compressed wood chips then photo copy images of an oak, maple, or pine floor on the surface.

You'd hope so but Toronto rarely preserves interiors. We usually just get 1 exterior wall as a reminder of what once stood there. I suppose in the future they won't even do that. They'll print a 3D image of what once stood there and glue it to the side of the new building. From 50m away it will look like it's still there but in reality it's just a photo. They already do a similar thing with 'wood' floors. They use compressed wood chips then photo copy images of an oak, maple, or pine floor on the surface.

An important distinction...........the City owns this building!

I totally agree with you. It’s an Art Deco beauty. Or Art Moderne….not entirely sure lol. But it’s cleanly gorgeous! Eyes open, ears listening….Developers….it would make an elegant lobby if you choose to build a condo there!

Back