News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

It's over for the Liberals and the signal has been given to the soft Liberals and undecided to vote for the NDP to stop Dougie.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queens...beral-mpps-as-a-check-on-ford-or-horwath.html

Fixed that for her.

Yes, voting NDP is the best way of keeping Horwath in check :confused:

You have to ask yourself what Wynne's announcement really means: why come out with this "concession speech" now? If she really wants Liberal MPPs elected in order to "moderate" the PC/NDP government, does this really help? Do voters feel like voting for MPPs of a losing party?

But on the other hand, she can't just come out and say "hey everyone: vote NDP!" -- it would be throwing her party and her MPPs under the bus. She's supposed to be trying to at least save the jobs of some MPPs, right?

By not outright saying "vote NDP" -- but by announcing that 'it's over' -- I think she's subtly sending that signal. Otherwise, why make any announcement at all? why not just keep going through the motions for a few more days?

My rural riding will not support the NDP, and I can't stomach either Horwath or Ford, so it's Liberal I go. What a crappy bunch.

My biggest problem is HOW is he going to do all the things he said? And does he truly still believe in the free market without government intervention? If so, what will he do with rental limits?

Ford doesn't like Tory, so why would he want this to happen? Some people have suggested that Mikey runs for mayor next time.

Pretty much paving the way to make it easier for them to build that political dynasty that they've been fantasizing about.

The people in power don't benefit from ranked ballots.

Ranked ballots are great for municipal elections where there are no parties - and they're useful for reducing an incumbent's advantage (I prefer it much more than term limits). But I'm not so supportive of them in provincial or federal elections. Normally, they would support the Liberal party as they are, generally, most everyone's second choice if not their first.

This election at least it would benefit the NDP - the Liberals are a spent force, and there's a lot of dislike for the particular brand of Conservatism among many Liberals. It would also make it easier for popular local Liberal MPPs to stay on.

But most of the time, ranked ballots aren't the right tool for party-based elections. I'd prefer a mixed member proportional (MMP) format to reflect popular support and allow for the Greens or another serious smaller party to get a foothold with at least 5% share of the vote.

Deco1.PNG

Let's elect the businessman to put this province's finances back in order.

Attachments

• Deco1.PNG
    Deco1.PNG
    166.9 KB · Views: 375
Wow. Is he going to discredit Rob Ford's widow a few days before the election?

Family dynamic can be complicated, so I certainly can't evaluate him entirely based on his family relationships (or any one thing for that matter). However, he can't seem to manage the party/nominations, can't manage his business, can't manage his relationship with his brother's widow...that the PC Party chose him as their leader demonstrates they'd be a disaster for Ontario.

It's rather brave (or foolish?) of Renata to allow this to be put out there knowing her name is going to be dragged through the mud.

Back