News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

How will Ford Nation deal with this?

Will they simply continue to blindly follow Doug and accuse Renata of lying, being bought off by 'the left', etc.?

Yes, I've seen that, i.e. the Liberals are desperate. They don't care that this comes from Renata. I have also seen that it is "fake news". Deny, deny, deny. Deflect, deflect, deflect. And don't forget to throw in some whataboutism.

There was already a pretty good sense that Renata was no fan of Doug (to those that followed Rob's story) but Doug will have to deflect or not comment.

Doug Ford has a long way before he can catch up with his idol, Donald Trump, in the lawsuit department. See link.

An analysis by USA Today published in June 2016 found that over the previous three decades, current United States president Donald Trump and his businesses have been involved in 3,500 legal cases in U.S. federal courts and state court, an unprecedented number for a U.S. presidential candidate. Of the 3,500 suits, Trump or one of his companies were plaintiffs in 1,900; defendants in 1,450; and bankruptcy, third party, or other in 150.Trump was named in at least 169 suits in federal court. A number of other cases (over 150) were in the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida (covering Broward County, Florida) since 1983. In about 500 cases, judges dismissed plaintiffs' claims against Trump. In hundreds more, cases ended with the available public record unclear about the resolution. Where there was a clear resolution, Trump won 451 times, and lost 38.

All the rumours and innuendo of the whole Robbie-Renata soap opera like the pimping of Renata by Robbie may be back in spades.

What I like is that The Stun put a campaign interview with Batra at the beginning of there article. (link below)

Rob Ford’s widow sues Doug Ford, alleging he has deprived her and her children of millions
The widow and children of Toronto mayor Rob Ford have sued Doug Ford alleging he has deprived them of millions of dollars, including shares in the family business and a life insurance policy left behind to support his family.

In a $16.5-million lawsuit, filed Friday in Superior Court, Renata Ford also alleges that Doug Ford is a “negligent” business manager whose decisions have led to a steady decrease in the value of the Ford company, Deco Labels. Despite setting his sight on a political career, Doug has continued to receive “extravagant compensation,” even though Deco is losing money, Renata claims in her court filings.
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...lleging-he-has-deprived-them-of-millions.html

The Stun:
Doug Ford embroiled in family feud over brother's estate
http://torontosun.com/news/provinci...d-in-family-legal-battle-over-brothers-estate

Last edited:
This is incredible. All this time I figured the media, particularly The Star would be digging up dirt against the Fords, and here Renata takes us all by surprise and possibly saves the province from Doug!

Those numbers about Deco's losses since 2010, if true, are so important. He has run his mouth for so long about how successful his business is but it looks like outside of 2 years, Deco has been getting trampled.

I hate to be the first person to say this, but I'm pretty sure their dog is dead too . . . which no doubt Dianne would also blame on Renata.

Back