News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

As ever with the Fords, just when you thought their saga couldn't get any more bizarre, they up the ante.

The house may very well sell but it isn't because your hero who drove drunk, was racist, coached football instead of showing up for work, did Crack, beat his wife and promised you a subway, lived there once.

Can you imagine the tours given by relators assigned with selling the place to prospective buyers? "This is where the Great Man attacked one his henchmen with a bag of hamburgers! This is where he collapsed face down in a pool of his own vomit! This is where he drunkenly wallowed in his own feces! This is where he repeatedly punched his wife in the face!"

So Rob is worth around $900,000. He was earning a councillor's salary and then a mayor's salary, lived in a modest house and didn't spend a lot of money. Seems like a really small amount to me.

"A modest house" is putting it politely. That place is a fucking dump. My first thought on seeing its photo: "This was the home of a favored son from a supposedly wealthy family?"

This whole situation really is depressingly sad. If Renata's situation is as desperate as it appears, then no doubt she badly needs to make this sale, and what other angle does she have to hype such a horrid little shithole? But Sixrings is right: Nobody's going to purchase a house, even a cheap one, just because a dubious celebrity like Rofo lived there. If anything, that might keep people away!

My first thought on seeing its photo: "This was the home of a favored son from a supposedly wealthy family?"

I think Doug and Doug alone was only ever the favoured one. Randy came second. Rob and Kathy were such rejects, they weren't even given the name Douglas.

That's guaranteed.

Maybe they could even apply to buy some of the adjacent parkland?

I believe Robbie had tried to buy the adjacent park? land. Daniel Dale was investigating it, neighbour saw him and called Rob and so was the story & lie born about Daniel peeping into Rob's home standing on a cinder block. (it was later proven that the cinder block had been moved to substantiate the false accusation.) Council never approved the sale.

The Star article said she's re-mortgaged the house for just under $800,000 at 8.5%. Hopefully she used some of it to fix up the house before selling. Didn't someone mention up thread that it looked like work was being done? I can understand needing $200-300,000. to run things for a couple of years, but $800,000? The article also mentioned that Doug hasn't done an accounting, and that's because we know he's played fast and loose with the estate. He probably used the money to run his camping for Premier. I don't think she's going to get a lot of money from the Fords. Maybe she can repossess some of Karla's handbag collection?

The Star article said she's re-mortgaged the house for just under $800,000 at 8.5%. Hopefully she used some of it to fix up the house before selling. Didn't someone mention up thread that it looked like work was being done? I can understand needing $200-300,000. to run things for a couple of years, but $800,000? The article also mentioned that Doug hasn't done an accounting, and that's because we know he's played fast and loose with the estate. He probably used the money to run his camping for Premier. I don't think she's going to get a lot of money from the Fords. Maybe she can repossess some of Karla's handbag collection?

It will end up getting settled out of court.

Not if it ends up costing Ford the election, and certainly not if Deco is having the kind of problems the filing claims. That's a metric f-tonne of money she's asking for. Even it were taken down to a third, it's still a lot more than what the Fords are willing to (or may be capable of) parting with. Do you think Doug, Randy or Diane are going to remortgage their houses for the drug-abusing wife of the second-most hated and problematic member of the family? Not bloody likely.

One thing the Ford family has, it's unbridled, troublesome, arrogant pride.

That is BS, apparently. View attachment 146167

For the pro-Ford supporters, the house is located close to a gasoline station at Scarlett Road.

For the anti-Ford supporters, the house is located close to the Scarlett Road stop on the future Eglinton West LRT extension between Mt. Dennis Station and the YYZ airport.

I think Doug and Doug alone was only ever the favoured one. Randy came second. Rob and Kathy were such rejects, they weren't even given the name Douglas.

Well, no matter how much of a narcissistic megalomaniac the old man was, he couldn't very well have three Doug Juniors for sons, now, could he? What else could he have named Kathy, though? Dougette? Dougalina? Dougella?

Maybe she can repossess some of Karla's handbag collection?

Speaking of loving wifey, if the money's running out, and if there's anything at all to the recent rumors of Thug screwing around on her, might we be witnessing divorce proceedings in the near future on top of everything else? And wouldn't that be delightful?

Do you think Doug, Randy or Diane are going to remortgage their houses for the drug-abusing wife of the second-most hated and problematic member of the family? Not bloody likely.

As family dynamics go, this is almost deliciously twisted, innit? And Slob, amazingly enough, came the closest to mainstream acceptance with his tabloid-flavored pseudo-celebrity notoriety, a fact that probably made big brother more than a little resentful: "How in hell is this %#$&-ing moron the popular one!?!?"

Yes and no, public opinion is to decide things long before then.

A side question... didn't the house look manicured in the City video? Reports have the condition at less than stellar, and with no campaign sign.

I'm not the sharpest crayon in the bucket at times but why are Doug Sr. and Doug Jr. when they don't have the same name. I know I brought this up when they did it with Robbie's kid since Doughie is not his father, unless there is something we don't know.

I'm not the sharpest crayon in the bucket at times but why are Doug Sr. and Doug Jr. when they don't have the same name. I know I brought this up when they did it with Robbie's kid since Doughie is not his father, unless there is something we don't know.

Because the collective IQ of the remaining Fords probably tops out at 250 at best?

Back