News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

There, fixed that. ;)
That's a question you should ask the thousands of xenophobic, racist and homophobic new PCPO members who signed up because they even let Ford be a candidate, and the thousands of other members who've since turned their back on the PCPO.

I am none of the above and probably represent a good 99% of the PC party supporters. My goals are simple- a fiscally responsible government that is pro business and lower taxes, prioritizes public health and transit, and is pragmatic about addressing climate change. The PC party is the only one representative of my interests.

Your other accusations are senseless and ridiculous and smacks of utter desperation and anger. No Canadian government in 2018 condones any of your baseless attacks of intolerance.

That's a question you should ask the thousands of xenophobic, racist and homophobic new PCPO members who signed up because they even let Ford be a candidate, and the thousands of other members who've since turned their back on the PCPO.

I am none of the above and probably represent a good 99% of the PC party supporters. My goals are simple- a fiscally responsible government that is pro business and lower taxes, prioritizes public health and transit, and is pragmatic about addressing climate change. The PC party is the only one representative of my interests.

Your other accusations are senseless and ridiculous and smacks of utter desperation and anger. No Canadian government in 2018 condones any of your baseless attacks of intolerance.

Yes, that's the irony I increasingly find with the Left. They seem far more judgmental and intolerant of differences than the people they're attacking.

The future will bring surprises. Doug Ford is a buffoon. We should resist the urge to speculate on the ridiculous.

@MetroMan , the Finch LRT is a done deal unless the next government wants its own gas plant - cost of terminating contracts - controversy.

The contract was awarded May 8 to Mosaic Transit Group. Count Line 6 done.

Many thought Transit city was a done deal too.

Conservatives don't give a shit about the debt. They only claim to care about it when the other side is in power,

Get ready for shady deals in Ford land. This is a disaster.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Kind of like Trump supporters say. No we are not racists we have "economic anxiety"

Conservatives had a chance to vote for a couple of qualified people. Disagree with their politics but their not scum bags. Instead you purposely went for the most unqualified jerk they can find.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Kind of like Trump supporters say. No we are not racists we have "economic anxiety"

Conservatives had a chance to vote for a couple of qualified people. Disagree with their politics but their not scum bags. Instead you purposely went for the most unqualified jerk they can find.
But it was all Kathleen Wynne fault. You see, she was so awful she made us pick the least qualified, least likeable, and least accomplished candidate to be leader.

But it was all Kathleen Wynne fault. You see, she was so awful she made us pick the least qualified, least likeable, and least accomplished candidate to be leader.

Man, Chrysler is such a lemon. Fuck it, I'll show Chrysler and buy a old Trabant off eBay!

For so long I've felt so much guilt for being intolerant of racists and homophobes. Thanks for helping me admit that. I feel much better now. Now I can heal.

My goals are simple- a fiscally responsible government that is pro business and lower taxes, prioritizes public health and transit, and is pragmatic about addressing climate change. The PC party is the only one representative of my interests.

You keep telling yourself that, LMVDR. As the latest in a long line of scandals only just revealed, your "fiscally responsible" candidate has been running his family business (that he inherited from Daddy) steadily into the ground over a period of years while paying himself and various cronies lavish salaries and stealing from his widowed sister-in-law and her orphaned children. Who, we might add, were the wife and offspring of a man relentlessly and crassly exploited by said candidate for nakedly personal & political gain. Do explain how any of this translates into fiscal responsibility.

I vote based on party and policy not personality. Doug Ford was not my preference for leader but he’ll do just fine in implementing the aforementioned policies. Or at least attempt to do so which is light years better than the other two options.

I supported HRC for President incidentally but do find a lot of appeal in many of POTUS’s economic & foreign policies if not his horrible treatment of the environment.

As a person he is devoid of a conscience and morally corrupt.

I'm at the acceptance stage, trying to consider more optimistic scenarios. So we waste 4 years, time we can't really afford right now given the state of our transit, but we can make it up. It takes more than one term to establish a cultural shift and cause serious irreversible damage. Luckily (in this instance), government moves very slowly. It's a large ship, not a nimble speedboat. It'll take 2 to 3 years to really change direction, at which time another election will be on the horizon.

There'll be some progressive losses in education, perhaps in mental health funding, in funding cities, in affordable housing and tenants' rights, in province wide transit expansion, and in the environment. But some of that can be made up on the federal level with the Trudeau govt. locking healthcare funds to mental health as they have, pulling Federal weight on the environment and committing to the Relief Line, locking transit funds in for specific projects. The City has a role to play, although I'm not confident in Tory's ability to go to battle with the Province. He's more of the everyone pleaser, avoiding confrontation if can. We'll almost certainly lose the Land Transfer Tax which both Fords were staunchly opposed. Perhaps a coalition of progressive cities can be assembled to fight Ford cuts and fight for more municipal powers. Maybe we'll rise to the occasion and something good will come out of this.

But right now, I'm mourning the loss of a progressive provincial government, even if the one we had for the last 15 years was imperfect.

Not sure if this is accurate - but if it is.....
doug frod.jpg

Attachments

• doug frod.jpg
    doug frod.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 492
Doug Ford was not my preference for leader but he’ll do just fine in implementing the aforementioned policies. Or at least attempt to do so which is light years better than the other two options.

Dude, the fucking clown can't even run a label business that was handed to him on a platter and you think he can run a province?

Surely you jest.

Back