News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

This whole business of Doug accusing an NDP member of "making fun" of one of his MPP's accent reminds me of this infamous sequence:

Of course I'm not sure if Barber actually said that (not like it was an inaccurate). I'm fairly sure that Doug's accusation is about as true as "in fact, my wife is Jewish!".

This whole business of Doug accusing an NDP member of "making fun" of one of his MPP's accent reminds me of this infamous sequence:

Of course I'm not sure if Barber actually said that (not like it was an inaccurate). I'm fairly sure that Doug's accusation is about as true as "in fact, my wife is Jewish!".
John Barber's byline is now seen at the UK's Guardian.

Government for the people. Right.

Nah, just some of the people. The hard-working blokes who pay every penny in taxes and slave full time in shitty conditions just to get left behind by the overpaid suits. Like me.

Wait.....there's an issue......this isn't government for me either.

Who the hell is it for?

I'm their target demographic and I ain't having it.

Non-chalantly ending the (albeit faulty) guaranteed income programme?

What's the point of that? Keep more people on welfare even longer and make it harder for them to make something of themselves?
That just costs us more money in the end.

I told you guys these fools can't count.

Well.....I mean, the dude WAS "a fat fuck".

Waterfront Toronto is in real danger. Ontario Place as a public park is in real danger. The King Street Pilot is in real danger. Our bike lanes are in real danger. Our transit system is in real danger.

Toronto has to fight Ford on this power grab because if he'll take away something as big as our city's democracy, he'll come for the other things too.

Powerful speech from Gord Perks on similar lines:

^Impassioned speech by Perks. Outrage is important on this issue, but it won't win the legal fight. Careful case research and presentation in court will. In fact, since the Ford Company has gone quiet on the issue, I suspect the grownup legal counsel retained by the party has warned him that not only can he not win this fight, at least in the immediate future, and an injunction is almost guaranteed on the Charter points, and he's going to be losing his challenge to the Carbon Tax, he'd best back-off unless he wants to be known as being a loser in more ways than he is already.

But on the other hand, thank God for small mercies: he made Keesmaat run for Mayor. What a swell guy...

Back