News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

So what is it with this international plowing match? If having a 25 member council is important enough to Ford to use the NW clause, but they're all still heading to the plowing match instead of working to pass this bill, it must be a pretty bid deal....

Also, when I went to google "international plowing match", it was the second option after typing the word "international", so I can't be the only one wondering this.

This year's event is being held in Pain Court, ON. I dunno thought it was funny. 'Ontario PC party leaves emergency weekend session to go directly to Pain Court'. Feel like those could be two words that follow them for the next few years.

This year's event is being held in Pain Court, ON. I dunno thought it was funny. 'Ontario PC party leaves emergency weekend session to go directly to Pain Court'. Feel like those could be two words that follow them for the next few years.
I know it’s from the French but every time I go through there I laugh.

I used to live near a town that hosted. The planning was immense and took a couple of years. It’s like the Olympics for farmers. It’s a fun event and worth a visit.

The guys who put the #notwithstanding clause in the Charter -- Chretien, Romanow and McMurtry -- are not at all happy about how @fordnation is using it. The @TorontoStar just got their statement. Read those last two lines! #cdnpoli #onpoli
https://twitter.com/susandelacourt/status/1040702742807932929?s=21

DnFRcp-W0AEA5lU.jpg

1981. Doug Ford would have been 17 years old at the time. He would have been skipping his high school classes at the time.
CORRECTED.... 1981. Doug Ford would have been 17 years old at the time. He would have been pursuing his business passions by using his high school classes to sell medicinal drugs.

You’ve never lived in rural Ontario have you? It’s a BIG deal :)

H-u-u-g-e deal. Tens of thousands of visitors over 5 days, millions to the local economy. The party leaders traditionally do a plowing 'competition'. Not sure it's worth interrupting the House at a time like this but I understand there may be procedural rules preventing them sitting anyway (not that standing on procedure seems to be important to this government).

H-u-u-g-e deal. Tens of thousands of visitors over 5 days, millions to the local economy. The party leaders traditionally do a plowing 'competition'. Not sure it's worth interrupting the House at a time like this but I understand there may be procedural rules preventing them sitting anyway (not that standing on procedure seems to be important to this government).

Let's remember, too, that the plowing match got elevated profile in 2007 and 2011 because it happened mid-election.

Sure Uncle Douggie will be in charge of the 20 dollar pile. Yes, he will get his seat, people are utterly stupid and will vote Ford even if he had horns and cloven feet.

But if Mikey gets in, Crisanti doesn't. So, subtract one Team Ford member, whichever way.

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/blo...duction-a-distraction-from-greater-priorities

Even the right wing Fraser Institute doesn't agree with all of this.

Part of the article's title - '...distraction from greater priorities' - caught my eye and thought it would reinforce what I've been dwelling on for a couple days now. A good article but can't help thinking of this "distraction" aspect of what's going on. Think of magic, sleight of hand, you distract then do something huge without ppl noticing. Not a PC thing, common in politics of all stripes.

Is it possible the PCs are smarter than we realize and know full well the notwithstanding and hyper-TO focus will create a media storm, one big enough that they can get away with something else (that's arguably larger) with little scrutiny? Hacking P2G/Greenbelt, hijacking TTC, selling GO, cancelling big projects, pushing GTA West. Something. I dunno, just a theory.

Back