News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Or with the family business at Deco Labels & Tags. With his qualifications, Mikey could be a janitor. With his "family" connections, Mikey could become a manager.

For some time now, I've wondered how much Mikey's entrance into politics was his choice, and how much of it was due to being pushed by his 'loving' family.

The funny thing is how the Hopkins123s of the world read the "many people on here" as (a) a universal and (b) a reflection of "official polls". Oh, and (c) that the ridicule had to do with the "obvious" being stated rather than the manner in which it was being stated--and, for that matter, the fact that it was being stated as an "obvious" in the first place. Look: it isn't that a lot of us were counting on an NDP victory (or minority); but we were allowing for a certain benefit of the doubt, esp. with the last-minute Renata suit throwing a new element into the equation. And while 74-to-40 is still a solid majority, it's also close enough to justify the benefit of the doubt--the only other time in the past century when an opposition party had at least 40 seats being the 1985 Miller-Peterson race. It was probably more "obvious" than the 2014 Liberal majority--but it certainly wasn't "obvious" in the manner of the 1987 Peterson majority. I'm sorry; but a lot of us would rather be "round-edged" in our electoral predictions and analyses--heck, in my own dissective post-mortems, I like to look into the poll-by-poll ground-level "variables" even in a 60%+ Tory seat like Markham-Unionville (or, for that matter, a 60%+ NDP seat like Davenport). Whereas a Hopkins123 might look to such a seat as "solid Tory--that's it; eff the poll-by-polls", like the grunt-grunt cum-in-her-snatch roll-over-and-snore approach to sex. (In fact, my benefit of the doubt went both ways--both to a NDP victory, and to a "nightmare scenario" 90-to-30 PC landslide.)

Oh, and re over/under-sampling: if were to use Hopkins123's stated undersampling-Cons barometer, then the 24-51 provincially/17-47 nationally positive-negative barometer might be more like 29-46 or 22-42, which is still well in the negative range. Unless he's trying to spin one-time fluke polls like the 33-47 one for the NDP as the kind *we* were primarily using.

For the record, here's CBC's Poll Tracker--t/w the end, the polls "converged" to the 37-39% range for the Tories; which was still short of the final number, but not by *that* much. So even if it made a difference in the seat totals (and perhaps, btw/ minority and majority status), it was hardly anything drastic...

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/onvotes/poll-tracker/

Of course, this was my point in a nutshell: https://globalnews.ca/news/4482802/...-brunswick-election/?utm_source=notification/

Tonight marks yet another Conservative victory over a Liberal party the Left, pollsters and media didn't see coming.

Of course, this was my point in a nutshell: https://globalnews.ca/news/4482802/...-brunswick-election/?utm_source=notification/

Tonight marks yet another Conservative victory over a Liberal party the Left, pollsters and media didn't see coming.

This is a completely preposterous statement that offends anyone with a three-digit IQ and a modicum of integrity.

The issue is not one's partisan affiliation or ideology.

Rather its the completely non-factual BS you just spewed.

The polls predicted a Liberal victory in popular vote, but a very close result in seats as the Libs in NB do much better in Francophone areas and so have a less efficient vote than the PCs.

The result is very close to the polling data.

If we stick to the facts, here's what the poll tracker data said:

Lib:
36.2%

PC
29.5%

PA
14.9%

GRN
13.3%

NDP
5.3%

The numbers are not far off that in actuality.

There is a slight difference in seat projection, but not a large one.

Your consistent choice to misrepresent reality is something worse than annoying.

Its dishonest.

The PC's didn't win in New Brunswick. No one won that election! I know we generally don't do the coalition thing in Canada, but unless they want to have a fresh election, people are going to have to work together and make compromises.

This is a completely preposterous statement that offends anyone with a three-digit IQ and a modicum of integrity.

The issue is not one's partisan affiliation or ideology.

Rather its the completely non-factual BS you just spewed.

The polls predicted a Liberal victory in popular vote, but a very close result in seats as the Libs in NB do much better in Francophone areas and so have a less efficient vote than the PCs.

The result is very close to the polling data.

If we stick to the facts, here's what the poll tracker data said:

Lib:
36.2%

PC
29.5%

PA
14.9%

GRN
13.3%

NDP
5.3%

The numbers are not far off that in actuality.

There is a slight difference in seat projection, but not a large one.

Your consistent choice to misrepresent reality is something worse than annoying.

Its dishonest.
Maybe he's referring to CBC Poll Tracker.

It gave the Liberals a 70% chance of getting a majority.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/nbvotes/poll-tracker/

That was a victory for New Brunswickers, not any one party.

They get a minority government that has to work with other parties to make government work. The way it should be.

No minority rule bullshit.

I watched the election last night and was quite happy for them.

Also, the New Brunswick PCs aren't comparable to Doug Ford's autocratic cult of sycophants.

Ontario’s environmental commissioner slams Ford government over ‘gutted’ climate change policies

From link.

The new Doug Ford government has “gutted” most of Ontario’s climate change programs with no replacement, Environmental Commissioner Dianne Saxe says in a damning new report.

The report slams the Progressive Conservatives for axing the previous Liberal government’s cap-and-trade program to limit greenhouse gas emissions — which Ford branded a carbon tax that was doing nothing to protect the environment...

Back