News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Funny I actually searched for this quote from Doug and this post was the only result.

Then I can only guess you weren't at City Hall. It used to be his favourite quote during his press chit chats in front of the mayor's office to deflect the questions about his brothers OPP investigation and surveillance.

Funny I actually searched for this quote from Doug and this post was the only result.
The version Doug was mocked for was "put the dots together".

“Put the dots together: John Tory, Andy Pringle was his chief of staff, Andy Pringle, the Chief and John Tory are all good buddies,” he said. “I find it very, very suspicious in my opinion that all the dots are connecting as I said they would.”

The version Doug was mocked for was "put the dots together".

“Put the dots together: John Tory, Andy Pringle was his chief of staff, Andy Pringle, the Chief and John Tory are all good buddies,” he said. “I find it very, very suspicious in my opinion that all the dots are connecting as I said they would.”

It's like Doug Ford's hand gestures. Almost a salute for him.
doug_ford.jpg

From link.

are the rumors stronger than for the Trudeau-Joly affair?
Literally the first time I've seen that. There was also Mrs. Harper and her RCMP bodyguard, but anyone in media I talked to said they couldn't find evidence.

The Frank article on Ford/Surma gave a lot of specific, verifiable details. But press wasn't going to run with it unless there was a public interest. Now there is. Let's see what happens.

So will this be the start of the end for Douggie? Mainstream media ignored the affair because it was private, but now with the nomination battle and father job there is public money at stake. Expect a lot of newsrooms are working overtime on this right now.

Possible outcomes:
  • Blows over and “special relationship” gets ignored
  • Body blow / embarrassment for Ford but he survives
  • Affair breaks, gets linked back to patronage scandal because now Ford is directly implicated and his party says enough is enough
I’ve said since the beginning that Ford will be the one to do himself in. Will be difficult to move past this - probably won’t be the final blow but it’s a big hit.

I'd heard rumours about him having an affair and I really hope the papers are going after this angle. I wish someone had gone to FordFest just to spy on who was there. Ford mentioned something about his mom being there but you'd think his wife would have been there.

Literally the first time I've seen that. There was also Mrs. Harper and her RCMP bodyguard, but anyone in media I talked to said they couldn't find evidence.

The Frank article on Ford/Surma gave a lot of specific, verifiable details. But press wasn't going to run with it unless there was a public interest. Now there is. Let's see what happens.

I've never heard a word about Trudeau. As far as Harper's wife goes, the only rumours I'd heard about her was that she was a lesbian.

I also haven’t heard anything about a Trudeau affair, but there have been whispers about Doug and Kinga for a while. And i’m no Trudeau fan

I love that word REFOOOOOORM!

On topic, if there was to be a by-election in the near future, who do you think would be leaving politics? I know one Liberal MPP took another job, but her seat has to be pretty safe at this point.

On topic, if there was to be a by-election in the near future, who do you think would be leaving politics? I know one Liberal MPP took another job, but her seat has to be pretty safe at this point.

Doug Ford? (Esp. if he's forced from the Premiership under a cloud).

I'd wonder, too, if any of the PC freshmen will feel like they got more than they bargained on--case in point, Natalia Kusendova, who was reportedly the one browbeaten to tears by Dean French, and who only defaulted into her Mississauga Centre nomination after Tanya Granic Allen was ditched...

If he was booted, I bet he would just form his own party like Bernier.

rumour: Ontario PC caucus is organizing to depose Doug as leader. apparently they have set the vote for july 4th.

Some more gossip on the interwebs.

Back