News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Doug Ford is no Lee Iacocca, father of the Ford Mustang who later rescued Chrysler, who died today at 94. See link.

I heard on the radio today that the federal Liberals have had a boost in Ontario that is thought to be due to the Scheer/Ford commercials. I hope this continues.

Some more gossip on the interwebs.

“I have answered this a few times, but It was told to me by the dad of a political staffer working for a demoted cabinet minister.”

“I labeled it as a rumour. Though the same guy was right about jenni byrne being fired. ?”

——

Seems odd that they’d run a coup so out in the open. Though with French gone what muscle does Ford have left?

Be the first to join the parade, but doesn’t seem like a credible play. There needs to be someone behind it, and it’s not clear who in cabinet has Scheer’s backing and the machinery to whip an anti-Ford vote. Fideli? McNaughton?

Also, have to remember there’s no official way in the PC constitution for MPP’s to depose a leader. They would need to pass a caucus non-confidence motion then follow it up with a threat to vote non-confidence in the legislature - which isn’t meeting until October. Barring a mass cabinet resignation Doug can just stall and buy time.

Most likely it’s either idle chatter, someone in cabinet flexing their muscles or a message from the federal CPC to keep blabber mouth in line. I’m going with a combination of 2 and 3.

But if Doug gets turfed I will happily get smashed on buck a beer.

ETA: If a coup is attempted (big if) and Doug decides to fight back, he can always threaten to prorogue the legislature or call a snap election. Without a house vote of non confidence the LG would need to obey.

As a last-last resort, if there is a coup and they don’t have the votes, someone on the PC side can threaten to leak proof of the (alleged) affair. Because it’s tied to public funds now t has a political angle, and since it goes back to Ford’s behaviour it will have minimal harm on the PC brand.

Last edited:
Doug Ford is no Lee Iacocca, father of the Ford Mustang who later rescued Chrysler, who died today at 94. See link.
This could be said of almost anyone as Doug Ford is not only a thug but a rather dense one. Why are you telling us that he cannot be compared to Iacocca? Who was making this comparison.

Transparency... lots and lots of transparency.

Ontario's integrity commissioner says he can't publicly release findings of a possible probe into government appointments with ties to the premier's former chief of staff.

Interim Liberal leader John Fraser had asked the commissioner to review all public appointments under the Tory government.

But commissioner J. David Wake says in a letter to Fraser that if he investigates the conduct of Dean French - who resigned as chief of staff last month - under the Public Service of Ontario Act, he has no legal authority to release any conclusions publicly.

Wake says he would be limited to notifying Premier Doug Ford of any findings, and if the premier wants to release those, he can.

https://www.cp24.com/news/integrity...ngs-of-probe-into-ford-appointments-1.4494321

Transparency... lots and lots of transparency.

Ontario's integrity commissioner says he can't publicly release findings of a possible probe into government appointments with ties to the premier's former chief of staff.

Interim Liberal leader John Fraser had asked the commissioner to review all public appointments under the Tory government.

But commissioner J. David Wake says in a letter to Fraser that if he investigates the conduct of Dean French - who resigned as chief of staff last month - under the Public Service of Ontario Act, he has no legal authority to release any conclusions publicly.

Wake says he would be limited to notifying Premier Doug Ford of any findings, and if the premier wants to release those, he can.

https://www.cp24.com/news/integrity...ngs-of-probe-into-ford-appointments-1.4494321

Here's a copy of that future report:

images

From link.

Scandal is not taking a summer break!!!

Ont. Govt. ⁩ giving a $34.5M grant to Maple Leaf Foods for a new chicken-processing plant in London possibly losing 300 jobs.

Turns out Maple Leaf is a customer of Ford’s business, Deco Labels.

Back