News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

https://torontosun.com/news/local-n...corner-our-special-summer-edition-with-grapes

Do you worry about criticism for sticking up for right-wing politicians?
“No. I like (President) Donald Trump and I make no bones about that. When the economy is the highest it’s ever been, and unemployment best ever, he must be doing something right.
As for Premier Doug Ford?
“He’s trying to do the same thing here for the economy Trump has for the United States. Doug Ford is terrific. He can do the job if they let him do the job.”

https://torontosun.com/news/local-n...corner-our-special-summer-edition-with-grapes

Do you worry about criticism for sticking up for right-wing politicians?
“No. I like (President) Donald Trump and I make no bones about that. When the economy is the highest it’s ever been, and unemployment best ever, he must be doing something right.
As for Premier Doug Ford?
“He’s trying to do the same thing here for the economy Trump has for the United States. Doug Ford is terrific. He can do the job if they let him do the job.”

Leave it up to Joe Warmington to scribble the drivel. And how can unemployment be the best ever? Low unemployment maybe, but that's mostly because some of the "folks and little people" work 2 or 3 part time jobs to make ends meet. Anyway I don't read the Toronto Sun and certainly don't pay attention to what Ford family friend Don Cherry has to say.

Leave it up to Joe Warmington to scribble the drivel. And how can unemployment be the best ever? Low unemployment maybe, but that's mostly because some of the "folks and little people" work 2 or 3 part time jobs to make ends meet. Anyway I don't read the Toronto Sun and certainly don't pay attention to what Ford family friend Don Cherry has to say.
Economy is pretty good right now. Employment is legitimately low - and no, it's not all people working 3 jobs to make ends meet.

It's not really any politician's fault though.. The economy was going this way well before Trump came into office. His tax cuts undeniably helped.. but obviously at the expense of a lot of other things.

Canada's economy, and especially Ontario's, is doing very, very well right now as well. I can assure you Doug Ford has absolutely nothing to do with it, too. If anything Doug's reduced spending has slowed the economy. his economic strategy won't start paying off until tax cuts start showing up.. which hasn't really happened yet.

The problem with people like Joe Warmington and the PCs in general is they see everything in the short term and the small picture, never the long term and the big picture. Even Doug Ford and Trump come in and each somehow single-handedly and immediately took control and affected the economy and all other factors make no difference. Thinking short-term and ignoring the big picture will not get Ontario far.

And then they (and we?) have THIS to worry about!

Trump claims Boris Johnson popular in UK because he's seen as 'Britain's Trump'

Doady, you could level the same criticism at the Ontario Liberal Party and use it as an argument as to why they got decimated at the polls.

Ford’s government is turning out to be very poor in the specifics but they are at least making an attempt to match revenue and expenses. That’s really primarily what I want to see even if it comes from a more left-wing government raising taxes. And when I say raising taxes I mean generally raising taxes, meaning raise taxes in such a way that everyone pays more but the rich pay more in a progressive way. Not raise taxes by targeting specific groups. And do so only so that government departments aren’t starved for the money they would require to continuously innovate so that government service can become more productive per employee

Doady, you could level the same criticism at the Ontario Liberal Party and use it as an argument as to why they got decimated at the polls.

Ford’s government is turning out to be very poor in the specifics but they are at least making an attempt to match revenue and expenses. That’s really primarily what I want to see even if it comes from a more left-wing government raising taxes. And when I say raising taxes I mean generally raising taxes, meaning raise taxes in such a way that everyone pays more but the rich pay more in a progressive way. Not raise taxes by targeting specific groups. And do so only so that government departments aren’t starved for the money they would require to continuously innovate so that government service can become more productive per employee
They cut revenues and raised expenses. So basically the opposite

Back