8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Oddball

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm not sure where the best place to put this would be. I'll start with here and the mods can work their wyzardry should they desire.

This is to be a thread on projects going on outside of the Calgary Area in Southern Alberta. If you know of anything neat going down in Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Canmore or where ever, feel free to share.

The catalyst for this thread is the Sulphur Mountain Gondola (Banff) rennovation that Brewster is doing:

Sulphur Mountain.png

(Image from: http://calgaryherald.com/business/commercial-real-estate/parker-brewster)

Attachments

• Sulphur Mountain.png
    Sulphur Mountain.png
    721.3 KB · Views: 685
Looks really cool. One thing for sure is a better indoor viewing spot is always good, as the weather at the top of that mountain tends to be chilly most of the year, even in the summer if it's windy, it's chilly.

Since MoDA seems to be the topic du jour I went by their website. It looks like they have a little retail project underway for Canmore called Tin Box. Based on a little Google searching, I think the project is already complete. I'd really love to find more for this thread, but it's better than nothing.

Last edited:
Here are some other images of the Banff Sulphur Mountain Gondola upper terminal building! This thing is incredible, apparently the new rooftop is being outfitted to be able to hold citizenship ceremonies! Could you imagine a better way to officially become a Canadian than on top of the Rockies? :)

Banff-Gondola-Featured-Image.jpg

Banff-Gondola-Upper-Terminal-Renovation.jpg

Banff-Gondola-Upper-Terminal-Renovation_outside.jpg

https://www.dialogdesign.ca/open-dialog/redefining-experience-top-world/

Thanks for passing along this info. I don't really pay much attention to the Lethbridge and Red Deer, but there is some interesting things happening there.

My feeling is that Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Grande Prairie and Fort Mac can't stay small forever. Eventually one of them is going to emerge as a 3rd centre for the province and I welcome it. I like seeing interesting projects away from the usual centres. That's why I made this thread. I'm apparenty nowhere near as informed as UW though!

Back