News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

W

wyliepoon

Looks like the Trump/Stinsson/Ritz-Calton phenomenon is being picked up by other cities... Miami, for example.

From Yahoo! News:

news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050505/od_afp/usconstructiontallest_050505191143

Miami developer aims for the sky with world's tallest apartment building

Thu May 5, 3:11 PM ET

A developer reportedly wants to build the world's tallest residential high-rise, reaching 365 meters (1,200 feet) with 110 floors in downtown Miami.

The proposed Empire World Towers -- a condominium tower and an apartment hotel -- would include 1,000 residential units and 500 apartment-hotel units, the developer, Leon Cohen, told the Miami Herald.

The proposed twin buildings would be nearly 100 meters (328 feet) taller than the world's current tallest residential building, Dubai's 21st Century Tower, which reaches 269 meters (883 feet) and has 55 units, the daily said, citing German firm Emporis, which tracks high-rise construction.

Cohen, who grew up in Paris and moved to Miami Beach in 2000, paid 31.7 million dollars for land in downtown Miami's Biscayne Boulevard, according to the Herald.

It is unclear whether the building can be built due to the heavy air traffic in the area. A Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman told the Herald the agency reviews building projects on a case-by-case basis.

Hurricanes are also a concern as four hit Florida last year, although they missed Miami.

"I would not be talking about this if I didn't think we could do it," said Cohen, who is preparing to submit plans with the city.

In another article I read they said that ther might only be able to get approval for 900 ft. if that.

will be for a couple of months from the end of this year sometime.

these titles are so yawn-worthy considering how much trash is going up in Dubai every week.

Don't know if I would want to be living up 80 or 90 floors, during hurricane season....

Build a tall box for cheap, then the hurricane hits and you have a turning torso for half the cost! [Zoidberg] Hooray! [/Zoidberg]

Wont building Twin Towers named Empire World Towers remind people a little to much of the WTC? At 110 floors isn't this just going to become a target? I think they'll have a tough time getting people to buy units in this.

Back