News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Hello-I am piggy backing on this as this is my first post to this forum so I cannot start my own thread.

I would like some feedback on this corner top floor unit. I have had some interesting feedback already from my friends at work, but none of them have ever lived in a condo. It's a very tricky layout to visualize. Any help would be appreciated.

oo.pdf

Attachments

• oo.pdf
    145.2 KB · Views: 534
Last edited:
Not bad. It's a little chopped up. A lot of glass. Where does it face? Keep in mind that unit's going to get very bright and hot in the summer and a lot of $ on blinds. The bedroom is a good size but the closet is tiny. I personally don't like units opening right into the kitchen but it's not a deal breaker. If you're big on art work, you won't like this place as there aren't too many walls.

Thanks TheKingEast!

The unit faces Northwest -main row of windows in living room facing west and the balcony/bedroom facing north. Great point about the heat in the summer I didn't think about that. It's funny we drew this unit out in the backyard and my boyfriend noted the closet size as well..good eye you both have. My friends mom also mentioned the walls, but not for artwork..more for furniture as she does not think you can put a couch along a glass wall. All good points.

I love that it is a true corner unit with barely any walls shared with the neighbouring unit, but like you said so chopped up and why do they have you entering directly into the kitchen????

I don't like that you have to go out and around to the bathroom, but then again, you don't want people going through the bedroom. I don't like that there is no real hallway or entry. You open the door, and bang, you are in the kitchen

I'm really not fond of units that open up right into the kitchen, but I see it a lot. *shrugs* I guess the good thing is that it's quick to bring groceries in. Not a deal breaker as someone else mentioned though. Also, yes, there really isn't a lot of closet space, and trust me, stuff adds up and you'll want more.

The angle is a challenging to work with, but I mainly like what they propose. I don't know about that den though. I'd almost put some sort of console table behind the sofa and make that the "den" (and you get to watch TV while on the computer).

I don't like that you have to go out and around to the bathroom, but then again, you don't want people going through the bedroom. I don't like that there is no real hallway or entry. You open the door, and bang, you are in the kitchen

Thanks PinkLucy! Yeah it seems odd to welcome someone to your place "Hi! Welcome to my humble abode...right now you are in my kitchen!" I feel like I need to see this in real-life before I can say...yeah I can live with it-but since it is a pre-construction unit...

I'm really not fond of units that open up right into the kitchen, but I see it a lot. *shrugs* I guess the good thing is that it's quick to bring groceries in. Not a deal breaker as someone else mentioned though. Also, yes, there really isn't a lot of closet space, and trust me, stuff adds up and you'll want more.

The angle is a challenging to work with, but I mainly like what they propose. I don't know about that den though. I'd almost put some sort of console table behind the sofa and make that the "den" (and you get to watch TV while on the computer).

Thanks Tripwire! Yes I noticed the lack of closet space..even with a storage unit it makes it a struggle to find somewhere to find a place for all the little things you need to live.

That is actually a great idea for a "den" it is such a cop out that that den they have on this plan really is not a den at all.

Ugh it's so hard because I know the view of the city skyline and the way too hot (lol) windows will make the room so open and bright-but there are so many things that are off about it. I mean could I live with it? Maybe. Would someone many, many years down the road be able to live with it enough that they will buy it? That is what I don't know and also what concerns me :(

*shakes fist at silly developer that thought this was a good idea*

I feel like I need to see this in real-life before I can say...yeah I can live with it-but since it is a pre-construction unit...
Is there a model suite?

It's personal preference; what bugs me, might be ok with you and vice versa. There is always compromise -- is the view so spectacular that you're willing to give up something else (closet space?); is there room to put in some useful shelving in some unused corner?

In a condo, unusable space is the enemy!

Is there a model suite?

It's personal preference; what bugs me, might be ok with you and vice versa. There is always compromise -- is the view so spectacular that you're willing to give up something else (closet space?); is there room to put in some useful shelving in some unused corner?

In a condo, unusable space is the enemy!

I totally agree! This is actually a unit in the Canary Park north building aka the Pan Am Games building. They only have a town-home model suite available to look at (it looks lovely too) and the layout is nothing at all like this ..in fact the majority of the units in the building look nothing like this one.

I asked for pictures of the unit since it is pretty much built already just no kitchen, but the sales agent told me to sign the purchase agreement and they will get me the pictures within the 10-day cooling off period. This is my first time buying anything so I don't really feel comfortable doing that.

The view is pretty sweet and I love the location as it seems like a very up and coming area-but I don't know if a nice view is worth spending a good chunk of money on such awkward space. I do like the way you think though-there may be a compromise-I'm just very scared to jump :-/

What floor is this unit on? I'm a bit surprised that the sales agent is making you sign before being able to see it. Hell forget pictures, I would've asked to be brought into the unit (yes, probly safety implications but hey, promise to bring your own hard hat and steel toe boots)!

Having said that, you do have the 10 day cooling off period. ;)

I agree -- see the unit.

I'm not surprised at the sales agent saying that based on some experiences I've had with selling agents recently!

What floor is this unit on? I'm a bit surprised that the sales agent is making you sign before being able to see it. Hell forget pictures, I would've asked to be brought into the unit (yes, probly safety implications but hey, promise to bring your own hard hat and steel toe boots)!

Having said that, you do have the 10 day cooling off period. ;)

It's on the 11th floor. I did ask to see the unit, but she said the couldn't do that and suggested I view the model townhouse suite instead....

I wonder about the whole 10 day cooling off period. They put so much pressure on you to sign the purchase agreement when there is always the possibilty to cancel and yet that does not seem to concern them. It's just weird.

It sounds like it makes sense to just wait until the unit is available to be viewed. I appreciate all the feedback though it's amazing the things others notice that I never would have thought of :)

It's a personal pet peeve of mine to have the two piece bathroom close to the kitchen or living area. There is zero privacy and separation of space if you have company over.

The toilet is basically in the kitchen, that's a dealbreaker for me, that may be acceptable in a smaller unit, but not in a large unit like this.

Also a personal peeve of mine to have a washroom so close and within eyesight of the kitchen, though compromises need to be made, like others have said.

Back