News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Took the truck this week as I had 'stuff' to pickup and for a better vantage point.

The Eastbound exit to Mississauga Road is paved, but does not look like its completed to a finish coat, and certain amounts of barrier wall have been installed etc. However the existing temporary wooden light standards still remain in the right of way of the ramp, very nicely paved around, so that ramps opening may be further off then one would suspect.

The third installment of the rebuilding Mississauga Bridge is essentially complete. However, you can see hoops of rebar still appearing through the cement of the initial pours of the deck over the road, so perhaps some further additional pours to the deck before paving.

Not much activity on the old Credit River bridge. It appears as if they have removed a substantial section of the decking where the western end of the bridge meets terra firma, but beyond that it is still difficult to see much.

Crews in sight were working on the Mississauga Road bridge, and east of the Credit River Bridge, where they are installing a large culvert through the previous QEW right of way. No crews appeared to be working on the bridge and the equipment looked undisturbed.

Sorry, no photos. Navigating the truck and the float through the zone is enough without trying to take photos on the fly.

One would think that some of this work would be pushing through so that some lane realignment could take place. Some of the current temporary lanes are tight, and with the curves and the very adjacent barriers, one good snowfall is going to present issues, especially east bound, where the lane changes are more pronounced.

I saw something else for Mississauga Road that will be on going, but can't find it.

• Queen Elizabeth Way Fort Erie bound between Highway 10 / Hurontario and Mississauga Road, Mississauga: two alternating lanes closed until Nov. 6 at 7 a.m.
  • Queen Elizabeth Way Fort Erie bound between Mississauga Road and Erin Mills Parkway / Southdown Road, Mississauga: one left lane closed until Nov. 1 at 5 a.m.
  • Queen Elizabeth Way Toronto bound between Cawthra Road and Dixie Road, Mississauga: one left lane closed until Nov. 1 at 5 a.m.
  • Queen Elizabeth Way Toronto bound between Dixie Road, Mississauga and East Mall, Toronto: two alternating lanes closed until Nov. 5 at 6:30 a.m.
  • Queen Elizabeth Way Toronto bound between Erin Mills Parkway / Southdown Road and Highway 10 / Hurontario, Mississauga: two alternating lanes closed until Nov. 6 at 6 a.m.

Finally had the chance to shoot this site the other day (December 6th). Westbound onramp finally open after a closure of two and a half years.
1702039300203.jpeg

1702039366699.jpeg

1702039477041.jpeg

1702039121568.jpeg

1702039147056.jpeg

1702039173426.jpeg

Dec 7
Went eastbound on the QEW from Erin MIlls for the first time in a long time and smooth sailing over the bridge. Noticed a centre pier at the eastside of the bridge between the new and old bridge that will support an walkway bridge over the QEW along the lines for Dixie Interchange. Crews were busy working on the old bridge.

That pic makes it look like they're turning it into two one-lane, one-way bridges. That would definitely solve the GTA's traffice problems 🥴
Not really, but solves an issue for getting over the Credit River that has no service roads today and is badly needed yesterday..

To solve a chock point for the QEW, the Queensway needs to be expended over the Credit River and connect to the 403 going through the mayor back yard along with the NIMBY's and million's dollar homes There needs to be an east-west road between the QEW and the lakeshore to help when the QEW goes down that forces traffic down to the Lakeshore or up to Dundas along blocking all roads to those 2 roads as well those 2 roads.

Bronte Creek has the same issue as the Credit River as well.

Not really, but solves an issue for getting over the Credit River that has no service roads today and is badly needed yesterday..

To solve a chock point for the QEW, the Queensway needs to be expended over the Credit River and connect to the 403 going through the mayor back yard along with the NIMBY's and million's dollar homes There needs to be an east-west road between the QEW and the lakeshore to help when the QEW goes down that forces traffic down to the Lakeshore or up to Dundas along blocking all roads to those 2 roads as well those 2 roads.

Bronte Creek has the same issue as the Credit River as well.
Brontë Creek will no longer pose that issue within the next couple of years as the new bridge south of the QEW us under construction (and on completion will only heighten the traffic flows through suburban streets when the QEW is in its normal state of creep and crawl these days, either west bound or east bound, around to Red Hill from anywhere west of Trafalgar)

There will be no additional connection north of the QEW and south of Dundas - provincial park lands.

As for an extension of the Queensway west. That has about as much chance of happening as the idea of turning Stavebank into a major north-south arterial has.

As densification increases the push has to be on better transit.

Drove past the site today for the first time ina while - they have actively been using a very large concrete saw to cut out sections of the deck area. I do not have a photo of this, but the blade must be 6 meters in diameter and powered by the pto from a Bobcat.

Today they were pumping cement, so this must be the first stage in reconstruction of the structure and deck.
IMG_3423.jpeg
IMG_3421.jpeg

If we have good weather on Sunday, I'll probably do a flyover. I've noticed that massive saw in the past.

I drove past the site today and they appear to be pouring new deck. I believe the first phase of the new deck covers about 50% of the total deck surface, the center section. Then (I imagine) they will reconstruct the two outer sections. Crews appeared to be pecking away at some of the other facets of the project, but to my eye, could not detect much change. However, warmer weather approaches.

Back