Correct as above (MadMax, Cdr and Bubbles). So long as you are not making structural changes a builder like Tridel can be flexible in meeting design requirements. Tridel purchasers typically get sent a design magazine, Home+, and invitations to evening and information seminars prior to choosing their colour selections. With Tridel, you also have a website (MyTridelHome.com) where all your documentation, notifications and addendae are stored including upgrades, care requests, homeowners manual and more.

Any special upgrade requests involving structural changes are often impossible to do once construction is underway. Feature upgrades after the suite has been completed can be expensive of course since you're paying twice plus once for tear-out.

For people with physical disabilities, this should be brought up at purchase. Special hardware for bathrooms can be installed such as tub grab bars. Tridel has also lowered kitchen cabinetry on request. Switches are mostly installed waist high so it won't be an issue for people in wheelchairs. Tridel was pleased recently to solve a parking issue for a purchaser who required wheel chair space for getting into their vehicle.

Look into suite wiring for electrical outlets, cable/tv and telephone. There are options for people who want to wall mount flat screens or include wall/ceiling speakers.

Read the features and finishes schedule very carefully! This can make a big difference in the value of your home purchase/investment.

As per getting a real estate lawyer I'm always surprised how many people I talk to who want to skip this step to save some money! Whatever you do, find a real estate lawyer who is familiar with closing condominium sales. We provide a list on the Tridel website of lawyers who have closed many condo deals: http://www.tridel.com/condo/lawyer.php. Also, Tridel uses eClose Guaranteed so lawyers get all inforation electronically.

Also consider getting title insurance.

Thanks for the info Tridelwebmaster...btw, my lawyers on that list. As you say, always get a lawyer before the 10 day cooling off period....they can save you a lot of money on closing costs, and advise you on shady deals.

Yes I am thinking of trying to get as much as i can in the purchase price.. but it seems it will be hard to do so

Hi Bubbles! Congratulations on the decision to make your first home purchase.

My first home (which I currently live in) was purchased from Tridel (pre-consruction) and they are fantastic to deal with. Their buyer education program totally helps you to understand what to expect when purchasing a newly constructed condominium, not to say the process is without frustration.

Tridel usually finances their construction projects so as not to include upgrades to suite being added to the purchase price. Non structural changes (Upgrades) are added at a separate "Suite Finishes" appointment. Upgrades are then paid by certified cheque after all of they have been priced and you have accepted them. Most upgrades will have pricing available right at time of selection and you might not have to wait for any additional pricing. At this time you will also do your electrical appointment that shows the location of telephone, cable, multiport and electrical outlets/switches. You can then add or move the location of these. Try to picture how you will lay out your furniture and position electrical outlets and cable outlets accordingly.
(I had the cable outlet moved in the living room and electrical outlet added as to accommodate for a flat screen TV installation so that no wires would show. You do need to be very specific as to the height you want the outlets at from floor level when requesting that particular upgrade.)
The only other upgrade I did was a colour upgrade to my Granite kitchen counter tops. The quality of Tridel's standard features at most projects are above what the competition offers. I was able to choose everything right down to cabinet hardware. Some builders only offer a "Package A, B or C" for finish selections. I was impressed with the standard selection of finishes.

Tridel had all of the deficiencies in my suite corrected within 90 days of me taking occupancy of my suite. There were 62 deficiencies on the list, most were minor (such as paint touch ups, millwork needing to be joined properly, the entry door needing adjustment to close and latch properly.)

I would definately buy another Tridel built condominium!

Worry not! Go and face the purchase process with confidence. Use a real estate lawyer and you’re in good hands.

Last edited:
Hi Bubbles! Congratulations on the decision to make your first home purchase.

My first home (which I currently live in) was purchased from Tridel (pre-consruction) and they are fantastic to deal with. Their buyer education program totally helps you to understand what to expect when purchasing a newly constructed condominium, not to say the process is without frustration.

Tridel usually finances their construction projects so as not to include upgrades to suite being added to the purchase price. Non structural changes (Upgrades) are added at a separate "Suite Finishes" appointment. Upgrades are then paid by certified cheque after all of they have been priced and you have accepted them. Most upgrades will have pricing available right at time of selection and you might not have to wait for any additional pricing. At this time you will also do your electrical appointment that shows the location of telephone, cable, multiport and electrical outlets/switches. You can then add or move the location of these. Try to picture how you will lay out your furniture and position electrical outlets and cable outlets accordingly.
(I had the cable outlet moved in the living room and electrical outlet added as to accommodate for a flat screen TV installation so that no wires would show. You do need to be very specific as to the height you want the outlets at from floor level when requesting that particular upgrade.)
The only other upgrade I did was a colour upgrade to my Granite kitchen counter tops. The quality of Tridel's standard features at most projects are above what the competition offers. I was able to choose everything right down to cabinet hardware. Some builders only offer a "Package A, B or C" for finish selections. I was impressed with the standard selection of finishes.

Tridel had all of the deficiencies in my suite corrected within 90 days of me taking occupancy of my suite. There were 62 deficiencies on the list, most were minor (such as paint touch ups, millwork needing to be joined properly, the entry door needing adjustment to close and latch properly.)

I would definately buy another Tridel built condominium!

Worry not! Go and face the purchase process with confidence. Use a real estate lawyer and you’re in good hands.

CityTownBoy, you are so true. Tridel always provides high quality finishes and exceed customer statisfaction. My family is one of Tridel's loyal customers.

Last edited:
I had a friend who was basically in line the entire day. By the time he got inside it was only 3 bedrooms or tiny units left.

As you can imagine it was all realtors at the front.

I had a friend who was basically in line the entire day. By the time he got inside it was only 3 bedrooms or tiny units left.

As you can imagine it was all realtors at the front.

Were the Realtor not in line for their clients? I think the clients were standing outside and waiting for their agent to call them in when their number came up..
I heard there are only 3 bdrs left too. I dont fancy any of the 3 bedrooms, do you think they might change the layout?

Im not too sure where to post this one, but.. On the Tridel site, the list of Lawyers.. Can anyone recommend a good real estate lawyer?

Thanks!

My buddy went without a realtor and because he didn't Tridel approached him directly to offer him one of the 1bedrooms.

A few realtors solicited him but the Tridel reps told them not to.

At about 2pm they told everyone that the studios and 1bedrooms were sold. Because he did nto have a realtor the tridel reps offered him 1F.

That unit only has one tiny window and it faces the condo directly east.

Im not too sure where to post this one, but.. On the Tridel site, the list of Lawyers.. Can anyone recommend a good real estate lawyer?

Thanks!

Does this mean you got the suite you wanted????

Send me a PM and I can give you a great realestate lawyer located at Broadview and Danforth.

Cheers

Garbage chute

Friend of mine is looking at the unit 1D1... only problem is... his unit would share wall with the garbage chute, it attaches to the wall of the bathroom and entry closet, at the front of the unit.

He is concerned about the noisy, smell, and resell value maybe in a few years when he needs to move on...

any advice would be really appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friend of mine is looking at the unit 1D1... only problem is... his unit would share wall with the garbage chute, it attaches to the wall of the bathroom and entry closet, at the front of the unit.

He is concerned about the noisy, smell, and resell value maybe in a few years when he needs to move on...

any advice would be really appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldnt worry about smell. These chutes are typically separated because of building code/fire code requirements with concrete walls.

As for resale value, wouldnt worry about that either.

For noise, it is likely that you might hear the crash of recycling bottles once in a blue moon, but it is Tridel, so I would expect they would do more than less in terms of noise suppression. No guarantees though, so you would not know until you live there.

I wouldnt worry about smell. These chutes are typically separated because of building code/fire code requirements with concrete walls.

As for resale value, wouldnt worry about that either.

For noise, it is likely that you might hear the crash of recycling bottles once in a blue moon, but it is Tridel, so I would expect they would do more than less in terms of noise suppression. No guarantees though, so you would not know until you live there.

Thanks a lot SpadinaBus...

I think he is going to take it. I was told most one-bedroom are gone and looks like a lot of buyers are flippers.

I finally managed to get one of the ID units but am still debating whether I should keep it, after seeing this thread.

http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=7579

My unit is facing west so this newly proposed idea for the condo project on the north east corner of bathurst and front really worries me.

Does anyone have more insider info on this?

Much appreciated.

I finally managed to get one of the ID units but am still debating whether I should keep it, after seeing this thread.

http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=7579

My unit is facing west so this newly proposed idea for the condo project on the north east corner of bathurst and front really worries me.

Does anyone have more insider info on this?

Much appreciated.

the Context development is actually on the NW corner; however, anyone buying/living dt should not expect to have an unobstructed view if there is land/low rise buildings available to be developed nearby.
get the highest floor you can ... at least that increases your odds of clearing a building.

i'd be more concerned with the smell coming from the slaughterhouse.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/...ents-face-foul-smell-from-slaughterhouse.aspx

2 Tecumseth St - I wouldn't want to live here, it's RIGHT NEXT DOOR!

Last edited:

Back