Context's proposal is far from concrete. They might even sell the land to another developer.

Reve will probably be almost finished before before Context even has an approved proposal if they decide to build here.

Also, I think the property line window rule is designed in part to prevent this kind of thing from happening.

I think it's extremely unlikely that a blank wall would be built on the property line right up next to Reve's windows. That would be pretty hostile on Context's part, and they have a reputation for being conscientious about their surroundings.

I can't think of a recent example where one developer has done this to another.

If I had bought a place in Reve on facing west, I think I would be HOPING that Context builds a with a solid concrete wall along the property line. As long as Reve is set back, there will be light that gets in. I'd rather face out onto a brickwall than 30 nosy neighbours that can watch my every move.

However, I think you can bank on Context building East facing units...it lets them build more units, more balconies, more money etc.

What does it mean when you say Reve is set back?? Meaning the building itself wont lining up with the existing building east of it?? it's going to be further back?? hmmm thats not great news for me. I have a 2A+D so it's on the south. I was hoping that i'd get to see the CN tower included in my view. So the further i go back the more the change is that the building takes up that view to my left. What do you guys think??

What does it mean when you say Reve is set back?? Meaning the building itself wont lining up with the existing building east of it?? it's going to be further back?? hmmm thats not great news for me. I have a 2A+D so it's on the south. I was hoping that i'd get to see the CN tower included in my view. So the further i go back the more the change is that the building takes up that view to my left. What do you guys think??

Bubbles,

Today my friend checked with his agent and knowing Tridel has a new price list for REVE and your 2A+D price has increased $20,000 as comparing to last week's price.

Last edited:
A sales agent at Tridel just told me that they are holding onto the units returned till the first 10 day cooling period ends. The units will be released at the new prices: 12K increase for 1 beds, 15K increase for 1+1 and 20K increase for 2s, compared to the grand opening.

A sales agent at Tridel just told me that they are holding onto the units returned till the first 10 day cooling period ends. The units will be released at the new prices: 12K increase for 1 beds, 15K increase for 1+1 and 20K increase for 2s, compared to the grand opening.

Jennyliu, that's so true. my friend still wants to purchase a one bedroom unit there even with the new prices but he still hasn't heard anything back from his agent. I guess there's no unit return at this time.

Reve Price Lists updated

The Reve Collection Price List and the Reve Dream Collection Price Lists have been updated. They can be downloaded from this link. The Presentation Centre will be located at Tridel's office for about a week longer before it relocates to the Tridel Store to join 300 Front Street West and James Cooper Mansion, Tridel's other downtown communities.

The Reve website will be moved to the Tridel.com website soon and join the rest of our condo listings.

I was going to say that those prices are simply dumb but that would be wrong as people are clearly paying them so i guess it's the people that are dumb. After closing costs, locker, parking, they're asking about 580/ft which is a crazy price to pay.

Although ultimately, do I really care if ppl may lose money here? No. Just glad to see another lot get filled with ppl and an attractive building. Oh, and as a future realtor, glad that some smart ass made a buck or two off of fools.:)

Price List Update

The Reve Collection price list was slightly updated as the last studio suite ST1 just passed rescission and is now sold out. Price list.

The Reve Collection price list was slightly updated as the last studio suite ST1 just passed rescission and is now sold out. Price list.

So how would you all say this development compares to West Harbour City phase 1, about 500 meters away? I have a 1 bedroom + den there @ 765 sq.ft with parking and locker. These prices look outrageous, and I really don't see them worth that much more than those on Fleet Street.
I don't really care what you all say, this area is NOT King West Village and yes Tridel is nice, however, Plazacorp does a great job with finishes and quality.
Thoughts...?

Some pros:

- Wonderful park across the street
- Protected views to the south
- Close to Wellington, King West
- Close to waterfront, yet within the city
- Relatively small building

Some cons:

- Smelly slaughterhouse (might change soon)
- Dead street (quite likely will change soon)
- Hemmed in from east and west by adjacent properties
- Noise from trains, traffic

So how would you all say this development compares to West Harbour City phase 1, about 500 meters away? I have a 1 bedroom + den there @ 765 sq.ft with parking and locker. These prices look outrageous, and I really don't see them worth that much more than those on Fleet Street.
I don't really care what you all say, this area is NOT King West Village and yes Tridel is nice, however, Plazacorp does a great job with finishes and quality.
Thoughts...?

500 meters away can be a huge difference, the location of Reve is much better than Fleet st. the north part of Reve faces the Victoria Memorial Park and 550 Thompson Hotels, it is just 2 blocks away from King West and Portland (bars, restaurants, etc, etc),walking distance. believe it or not there is like $75-100 difference psf between both areas.

Some pros:

- Wonderful park across the street
- Protected views to the south
- Close to Wellington, King West
- Close to waterfront, yet within the city
- Relatively small building

Some cons:

- Smelly slaughterhouse (might change soon)
- Dead street (quite likely will change soon)
- Hemmed in from east and west by adjacent properties
- Noise from trains, traffic

So let me pick people's brains.
What do you think a 1J+D from:

http://560front.com/pdf/reve-560-front-pricelist.pdf

Would sell for at West Harbour City phase 1. Is the per sq.ft difference in price very big? I'm asking for value without parking, staight unit price.

Thank you,

Jack

Back