8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

chicu1981

Member Bio
Reaction score
Guy can you critique on this plan. Its for my Parents. Do you think removing the wall for the 3rd bedroom to make large open area would be a good idea?

the-motion-3b-jpg.90513

Attachments

• the Motion 3B.pdf
    273.4 KB · Views: 515
  • the Motion 3B.jpg
    the Motion 3B.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 862
Last edited:
Q - why would they want the wall for the 3rd bedroom removed?

it's away from the main LR/DR area, or are you considering removing the entry CL too & using the bedroom CL instead?

having walls for separation and privacy aren't bad things.

as far as the floorplan:

• U-shaped kitchen with nice amount of countertops & storage and extended breakfast bar (opt for/get drawers in base cabinets for better ergonomics and access to full depth use)
  • good size foyer CL (~ 4ft wide)
  • good size LR/DR at 19'10" x 12'3" with ~ 16ft of windows
  • good size main bedroom 10'2" x 12'2" with ~ 9 ft of closet
  • adequate size 2nd bedroom 9'5" x 9'11" BUT only has ~ 4 ft of closet

DISLIKES
  • windowless interior 3rd bedroom

Last edited:
Just to have more open area. But i guess leaving it as is wont hurt.

How much room do you think a dinning table would take 3 chairs on each side? Where can we position it?

Also how would the furniture setting look like in the living area? Any recommendations.

How much room do you think a dinning table would take 3 chairs on each side? Where can we position it?
- place longitudinal (up/down) 3 ft from along kitchen wall for enough circulation to walk around

Also how would the furniture setting look like in the living area? Any recommendations
- floor-to-ceiling wall-to-wall (~10 ft) cabinetry/storage along bedroom wall
- sofa or sectional about 9 ft from wall
- credenza behind sofa for added dual purpose storage in DR/LR

sorry for the crude mock up - not to scale, etc:
the Motion 3B.jpg

Attachments

• the Motion 3B.jpg
    the Motion 3B.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 662
There oughta be a rule, if there's no window, it's not a bedroom.

I'd remove that sliding door and make that my television room. Add a sofabed (and ability to reinstall the door) for daylight-averse guests.

There oughta be a rule, if there's no window, it's not a bedroom.

I think that actually is a real rule, though sliding glass doors to other rooms technically count IIRC

And why two bathrooms? As a kid in the 1970s Mississauga my whole family shared one bathroom in our townhouse. How many people are you shoving into this condo that you can't have one loo?

And why two bathrooms? As a kid in the 1970s Mississauga my whole family shared one bathroom in our townhouse. How many people are you shoving into this condo that you can't have one loo?
actually my parents expect to get alot of guests who would stay for a few days at a time. In those cases, 2nd bathroom is definitely useful.

Back