8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

buildup

Member Bio
Reaction score
This had been rumoured for awhile but as the prime commercial tenant of 150 Bloor West is vacating there is a proposal to convert into condominiums. Floors 10-20 already are, but floors 1-9 were office. This is the Rennaisance building N/E corner of bllor & avenue.

I'd prefer us not to lose downtown office space for employment. It's not that much though, and this is the Yorkville area after all.

I think this sounds like a wonderful prospect, That building could certainly use a facelift, and perhaps some higher ceilings? and some better street retail. More condos/housing for rich people in Toronto only does good things for the economy.

so... if this office space is going.. and 28 St. Thomas is going... there is going to be very very little office space left in Yorkville/surrounding area.... good thing? bad thing?

I'm wondering whether such an overhaul might be in the works for 180 Bloor--like, that kind of concrete 70s office shaft is *real* anachronistic now, esp. across from the Crystal...

The vast majority of this building was occupied by a major fundco. It is moving downtown in order to upgrade its space, and because it's new parent owns the new property at Queen & University.
My understanding is the owner of 150 Bloor has already attracted a new commercial tenant to occupy 200-300,000 sq. feet.

Any idea in which building Mackenzie financial is moving to downtown? (Federal Courts building?)

Mackenzie's client services is at College Park, most of the rest is now at Simcoe; Investment Management, Legal, and Marketing are going in the new Tower on Queen Street.

Back