News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Johnny Au

Member Bio
Reaction score
Here's an interesting map:

Map-Infographic-WIthout-Title.png

Source: https://movingwaldo.com/daily-living/toronto-apartment-near-subway/

I find it interesting that Glencairn station has among the cheapest rents, despite being very close to an affluent neighbourhood.

Crossposting my response from the catch all thread:

How accurate is that? $2,600 for a two bedroom at Yonge and King seems way too low. I thought it would be well over $3,000. My two bedroom in Thornhill was going for $2,400 before the pandemic. My friend's two bedroom at Promenade Mall is going for $3,000 right now. Granted, we have much larger units than downtown, but we're also far outside the core.

Also, I'd love to know the size of the catchment area they're using for each station and which housing typologies are included.

Crossposting my response from the catch all thread:

How accurate is that? $2,600 for a two bedroom at Yonge and King seems way too low. I thought it would be well over $3,000. My two bedroom in Thornhill was going for $2,400 before the pandemic. My friend's two bedroom at Promenade Mall is going for $3,000 right now. Granted, we have much larger units than downtown, but we're also far outside the core.

Also, I'd love to know the size of the catchment area they're using for each station and which housing typologies are included.
It's based using apartments and condos. The catchment area size is within one mile of a station.

Last edited:
Evolv at Shuter and River is a brand new development and the quote prices of $1600+ for studios. Great location for transit (not subway) and recreation. Love seeing new rentals being built.

interesting thread , but the problem is the type of 1 bedroom apartment changes depending on the area , example around Islington station a 1 bedroom apartment is in a new condo tower , while around Dundas West station it might be a 1 bedroom apartment in the basement of an old damp house with tiny windows and low ceiling and no parking

Back