8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

All gone

11058347264_84fccc04ae_b.jpg

11058347414_cb820442a2_b.jpg

The site is now surrounded by a rather permanent-looking black fence. No time to take a pic, I was in a cab.

Took these in April

An entrance has been built to access the parking structure from the lot. I'm guessing its going to be a surface lot for a while.

QbZGPjT.jpg

rsatr5u.jpg

Welcome to downtown Toronto's newest surface parking lot.
parking.jpg

Attachments

• parking.jpg
    parking.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 1,155
In this case I can make an exception - there really isn't much land left in the hospital row - what's left should be kept for expansion. Selling them off for unrelated development should be a big, giant no.

AoD

All ground level parking lots downtown are being converted into high-rise structures. But here the exact opposite took place.

How can a ground level parking lot possibly be the best use for this land???

Last edited:
It's been a proven interim use before. Hopefully, we aren't taking decades.

I checked the database and it seems there are no plans for the parking lot in the NE corner there. With all the proposed developments elsewhere I’d be surprised if there wasn‘t interest in that prime piece of land.

I checked the database and it seems there are no plans for the parking lot in the NE corner there. With all the proposed developments elsewhere I’d be surprised if there wasn‘t interest in that prime piece of land.

This property belongs to UHN (University Hospital Network).

It is being retained for future hospital plans, parking is an interim, revenue-generating use.

As an aside, I know we discussed this site here at UT going back to when the former buildings were demolished, but I can't seem to find it either!

This property belongs to UHN (University Hospital Network).

It is being retained for future hospital plans, parking is an interim, revenue-generating use.

As an aside, I know we discussed this site here at UT going back to when the former buildings were demolished, but I can't seem to find it either!
Ah makes sense, the huge parking complex behind it could be even integrated into a massive hospital expansion.

Back