News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

That's a pretty interesting list. There are a lot of places where if I was driving along the 401 and had to get out at Belleville or Kingston and eat, I would happily go to.

The ones in Toronto, like the Landings, or Elephant & Castle, I would never go to.

I have eaten at Hunters Landing, Kellys Land and the former Williams Landing. They are all boutique pubs, overpriced ones at that.

We went to the one at the beaches last summer ("the setting is nice. how bad could it be?") and I went to the one in Liberty Village for a world cup game whenever that was (2018?). The food was so much below normal Toronto pub standards that I would never recommend it to anyone.

The new downtown Congee Queen location at 362 Yonge Street is now open:

Casey’s was originally a Northeastern Ontario chain, which expanded considerably when it was owned by Prime Restaurants & Pubs, but after Cara’s purchase, most were replaced with Fionn McCool’s or the new “Landing” brand. A few haven’t been converted yet, mostly in the North.

They really could consolidate those brands. Cara seemed to have the tiers done right two decades ago, before they doubled in size (though dumping Second Cup and the Canadian rights to Outback).
I was under the impression that Casey's was a dead banner until I was up in Sault Ste. Marie last week and discovered one as part of the Water Tower Inn Hotel in the northern part of the city.

Drake One Fifty at York Street & Adelaide West have officially announced their closure:

Drake One Fifty was popular for business lunches? What?
The only experience I had there was a staff party one time circa 2018 after which everyone in attendance swore "never again will I come in here".

Drake One Fifty was popular for business lunches? What?
The only experience I had there was a staff party one time circa 2018 after which everyone in attendance swore "never again will I come in here".

Personally, I do not understand why Drake is so popular. Without auto-tune he would not survive.

Just because you are famous does not mean you will have success with everything you slap your name on. Take Wahlburgers for example.

Personally, I do not understand why Drake is so popular. Without auto-tune he would not survive.

Just because you are famous does not mean you will have success with everything you slap your name on. Take Wahlburgers for example.
1660854514350.png

It has nothing to do with the musical artist Drake.

#thethingsyouknow
It was an offshoot of the same group that owns the Drake Hotel of West Queen West fame.

Drake (the singer) did have a restaurant downtown at some point. I think it was most famous for flooding once.

It was an offshoot of the same group that owns the Drake Hotel of West Queen West fame.

Drake (the singer) did have a restaurant downtown at some point. I think it was most famous for flooding once.

A sports bar on the southeast corner of Yonge and Wellington. It didn't last very long.

Drake also collaborated with Susur Lee and his sons at the former Frings restaurant along King West, which closed a few years ago.

Same place where the Bent-Lee boys faced backlash for withholding tips from their staff...

Back