News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Yes, I a few weeks back I was on Victoria and was stunned to see the Senator open again. Not sure how a business manages to survive a 2 year shut down...

I was also surprised. I actually went on Yelp after a year and put it as permanently closed thinking it was gone for good.

I found the owners to be a little overly paranoid about the covid situation. They seemed to be waiting until Covid was completely gone before reopening which was bizarre. While everything else was reopening they were still living under a rock using covid as an excuse for not reopening.

I was also surprised. I actually went on Yelp after a year and put it as permanently closed thinking it was gone for good.

I found the owners to be a little overly paranoid about the covid situation. They seemed to be waiting until Covid was completely gone before reopening which was bizarre. While everything else was reopening they were still living under a rock using covid as an excuse for not reopening.
Sounds like my brother...😞

I've noticed there are a few businesses here and there that *still* won't let customers into their store, even with a mask (several locations of the Common, a local coffee shop chain, and the Beguiling, a comic shop near Kensington, come to mind). What a joke.

Sounds like my brother...😞

I've noticed there are a few businesses here and there that *still* won't let customers into their store, even with a mask (several locations of the Common, a local coffee shop chain, and the Beguiling, a comic shop near Kensington, come to mind). What a joke.
Why a joke? If the owners are uncomfortable and want customers to wear a mask, wear the damned mask or go elsewhere.

They also require shirts and shoes. Their business, their rules.

No question it is their legal right; on the other hand, because you can do something, does not mean you ought to...

If one wanted to screen people at the door of businesses for their possible health risk to others, that's a road fraught w/danger (allegations that the screening procedures aren't fair); in the case
of masks, their effectiveness in regards to many communicable conditions isn't necessarily high.

The principle at stake would allow a pat-down of everyone entering a business and metal detectors too (the odds someone will rob the business are almost certainly greater than giving the owner a serious health condition, at this point) .

Again, it would be the right of an owner to insist on the above, but the number of people willing to endure that hassle or diminishment of service is, I suspect, rather low.

I suspect many such owners, continuing to curtail enjoyment of their businesses will soon be out of out business; because the residual market is simply too small to survive.

But, to each their own. I won't dispute their right to carry on business in the manner described above; only advise that it probably isn't a sound business decision.

The principle at stake would allow a pat-down of everyone entering a business and metal detectors too (the odds someone will rob the business are almost certainly greater than giving the owner a serious health condition, at this point) .

I wonder if the owners of these businesses drive a car to work. That's probably the leading cause of death/injury for most healthy adults.

Whether or not it’s a sound business decision is a whole ‘nother discussion. 🤷🏻‍♀️ but if it works for them and their customers are ok with it, they are only potentially hurting themselves. Lots of businesses implement what to me are questionable business decisions, and if I don’t like it, I take my business elsewhere.

Having had a successful business for 30 years and being told on numerous occasions how to run my business, I’m chill with an owner’s decision to require masks. It’s not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Italian restaurant, Piano Piano, will be opening a new location at 55 Colborne Street just west of Church Street:

This is certainly good news! haha, couple of days late I am on this forum.

How many Eataly outposts worldwide are at suburban mega-malls? Hmmm.

Eataly in a suburban location...I don't know how this would work especially since Eataly is almost considered a higher - end place. Don't get me wrong, the foot traffic at the Bay and Bloor location is always busy. So a second location might suggest a higher demand for the product.

141 ADELAIDE ST W
Ward 10: Spadina-Fort York

To alter the ground floor commercial unit of the existing 17-storey mixed-use building by constructing a patio and a mezzanine floor addition for the purpose of an eating establishment.

Docs have been posted. Based on the drawings, this has been labeled as "Local Adelaide Toronto".

Which could just be generic naming but I presume may potentially be part of the Local Public Eatery chain. No confirmation though, just some speculation from my part.

local.JPG

Last edited:
Hangry Burger has closed @ 437 Yonge near College.
It is being replaced with a Factory Burger.
Speaking of burgers, what's taking so long for Fat Burger to finally open @ Bathurst & Bloor? (where the Green Beanery used to be)

Back