News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

adma

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
racial profiling, violatin ppl rights & illegal searches etc. very common. cops will suspect me & my friends jus cuz we brown & black. many times esp during cops do illegal searches & if u say no dey talk bout how dey can plant u n stuff even knocked out ppl i know b4 when dey say i know my rights & made excuse that dey made move against cops. If u try & not talk 2 cops dey force u & forcefully get info off u. planted of my friends but luckily charges aquit on him. I see cops come up 2 us sayin haha u fuckin pieces of shit all belong in jail u brown n black ppl runin dis country with your stuff. i see em lookin w/ hate on old ppl, lil kids etc! big issue.

same w/ media. want example? k 2005 week b4 jane creba i heard about 2 babies bein hit by strays one was brown n other black. not rly headline for long. ppl still talk about jane creba n big media cuz she was white n upper class. real talk all 3 death were bad but yo 2 babies gettin killed lot worse den a 15 year old girl bein killed. all 3 bad but yall know what i mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_Heslop

The same guy created Rexdale and Delrex in Georgetown? Whoda thunk it? Thanks, Adma.

only thing i hate about living in Rexdale is the People !!!! lol joking.. ( to be honest with you , its only a small % of crappy people in the area that ruin everything ) , i hope they put up more condos , houses and destroy all the government housing projects !!!!

as for Police in the area , never had any problems with them , even when i was pulled over at night in my car , they were very friendly and straight up

My wife has been living at Martingrove/Finch for 30 years. Her parents were recent immigrants and among the very first people to move into the brand new subdivision on the NW corner. I've been spending most of my weekends there for the past 12 years.

I've never had a problem in Rexdale -- with cops or residents. Just like the Club District, the moral panic about Rexdale is an overblown generalization unsupported by the facts. Having said that, just like the Club District, Rexdale is home to a handful of locations at which violence is reported very regularly, and it is easy to see how these stereotypes are developed.

Given that I'm a cracker-ass cracker, I can't speak to Desi's comment about alleged mistreatment of minority youth at the hands of the police. Although I do have cops in my family, and I recall their xmas dinner war stories being consistent with what Desi decribes. :(

Rexdale is suburban sprawl at its worst. It is underserviced by transit and even recent development does not show a trend towards urbanism. If only Desi were real, I might have some reason to hope for Rexdale's future. (Actually, the Finch LRT to Humber College gives me some hope).

the new woodbine development could create a new whole wave of development in that area. Two 29 story towers were just created on the speculation of there being a woodbine development. What would happen if it actually was built??

Anyways I was highway 27 to be the suburban and ugliest street anywhere in the GTA. No sidewalks in some places and it is literally a highway.

I could be way-off, but I always assumed that the original intention was for Hwy 27 to become the northern extension of Hwy 427. Instead though, planners had 427 veer a bit to the west. Like Lordmandeep says, it's "literally a highway."

Rexdale is actually a pretty cool place if you look beyond the stereotypes. There are some attractive bucolic neighbourhoods and the comercial strips, although rag tag, appear quite healthy and innovative. Great place for cheap Indian food. With improved public transit (via Transit City) and perhaps improved public housing, this may very well be the city best bargain.

racial profiling, violatin ppl rights & illegal searches etc. very common. cops will suspect me & my friends jus cuz we brown & black. many times esp during cops do illegal searches & if u say no dey talk bout how dey can plant u n stuff even knocked out ppl i know b4 when dey say i know my rights & made excuse that dey made move against cops. If u try & not talk 2 cops dey force u & forcefully get info off u. planted of my friends but luckily charges aquit on him. I see cops come up 2 us sayin haha u fuckin pieces of shit all belong in jail u brown n black ppl runin dis country with your stuff. i see em lookin w/ hate on old ppl, lil kids etc! big issue.

same w/ media. want example? k 2005 week b4 jane creba i heard about 2 babies bein hit by strays one was brown n other black. not rly headline for long. ppl still talk about jane creba n big media cuz she was white n upper class. real talk all 3 death were bad but yo 2 babies gettin killed lot worse den a 15 year old girl bein killed. all 3 bad but yall know what i mean?

I'm sure you raise some very valid issues, however no one is going to take you seriously if you write like that. Do they not teach proper english in Rexdale?

I'm not even going to bother reading what you wrote because it takes too much effort. And if this is how you speak in real life I wouldn't be surprised if people ignored your complaints either.

Communication is key. Master that first and then move on to the bigger issues.

Yesterday having been Martin Luther King day made me think... do you honestly think if he spoke the way you did anyone would have taken him seriously?

k yo have you ever faced racial profiling? you can be nice as you do. you could agree to everything do everything popo say. you still get in sh*t. they say to you, you peace of sh*t yall deserve to be in prison. i say what you mean. he say all you indian n black pieces of sh*t all yall. not once many times. if you just sitting wit yer boiz chillin they come bother you threaten arrest n stuff no reason. illegal searches at night. all dis stuff. you dont realize it. popo got 2 sides. side 4 white people n side for us. 2 dif worlds. da stuff i hear bout from globe bout 3 worlds in TO very tru. life our lives. n den go live life of someone kingsway. problem is communication. we can say all we want. ppl at top in kingsway n stuff eder dont care or say no impossible cant b tha poor. they can hear how poor some place but believe till you aint lived you dont know. same wit rich i hear bout how it is 2 b rich but i proly never will know.

I'm guessing based on your "Desi" name that you are of an Indian background (or "brown" as you call it).

I'm actually brown-skinned, of an Indian background myself, and no I cannot relate to what you are saying at all.

I'm certain there are times when it has happened, but I can honestly say that racial profiling has overall NOT affected my life negatively, and has not prevented me from becoming the person I wanted to be, or accomplishing the things I wanted to accomplish.

That's one of the reasons I consider myself priviledged to be living in Toronto. We don't tolerate such nonsense.

So you can stop using your skin colour as an excuse. If you present yourself as a decent person you will (not surprisingly) be treated as such.

Indeed, you've been warned already about this. Write properly (or to the best of your ability) and we'll listen to you. What you've written though is barely readable text-message street slang. It's irrelevent if english is new to you as NOBODY is ever taught english the way you are writing it.

Indeed, you've been warned already about this. Write properly (or to the best of your ability) and we'll listen to you. What you've written though is barely readable text-message street slang. It's irrelevent if english is new to you as NOBODY is ever taught english the way you are writting it.

In his defense, the writing quality does seem to have improved in his later posts.

no, you said yourself that you are more succinct in your typing now because you're not "sober" or "high" (your own words).

I grew up with a lot of first generation immigrants (myself included) and most of them finished school, went onto university, graduated, and now are working respectable jobs. We came from a wide range of places, including areas that were warzones. And to top it off, we grew up in Edmonton, which wasn't particularly the most popular place for newcomers back in the late 80s/early 90s. We managed to survive and make life out of it... and as much as I want to sympathize with you, I don't think I can. A lot of people suffer from discrimination, and its not just racial. There's discrimination based on colour, sex, sexual orientation... some people fall through the holes, but most gain the strength to get past it.

But I don't see how you could get past it when you've been expelled from school, and spend your days getting drunk and getting high. Anybody is doomed to failure in society under those conditions, regardless if you're black, white, brown, or asian.

Just saying.

Back