News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Liz Truss, the new UK PM who met the Queen on Tuesday, has been described as toxic. I never imagined this was more than a figure of speech.

Can you imagine the public outcry if they think they conservative party killed the Queen with their nonsense?

It would be like the Royal Family being suspected of killing Diana or at the very least being cold over her death. We all know how well that went over.

I can say with near certainty that the Queen has died.

What we are seeing now is the playing out of Operation London Bridge in combination with Operation Unicorn. The way the BBC is acting, the canceling of events and the family rushing to Balmoral are all things that happen when RATS goes off and we are about to get bad news.

it is all consistent with Operation London Bridge.

The Queen is dead. Long live the King.

Apparently it's official it is Charles III.
Was a lot of speculation he would choose a different name.

the Economist magazine does not think much of Ms Truss. Which is hardly surprising, she is truly 3rd rate!

Liz Truss’s new government may already be dead in the water​

20221001_LDD001.jpg

Sep 28th 2022

It was meant to usher in an era of economic growth. Instead the 25-minute statement that Kwasi Kwarteng, Britain’s new chancellor of the exchequer, gave on September 23rd kickstarted a crisis. By unveiling £45bn ($48bn) of unfunded tax cuts, alongside temporary measures to help with energy bills, Mr Kwarteng spooked financial markets in spectacular fashion. Most of the tax cuts and emergency spending had been signalled, but the vaunted supply-side reforms needed to pay for them were vague and the new government’s approach to the public finances was cavalier. Worse, the backdrop to Mr Kwarteng’s epic budget-busting was a slump in bond markets that raised borrowing costs for even the most creditworthy governments.
As investors took fright, gilt yields surged, prompting the Bank of England to say on September 28th that it was ready to buy unlimited quantities of long-dated bonds to restore order to financial markets. The pound crashed to its lowest level ever against the dollar. Although sterling has since rebounded, markets still imply a 40% chance that it will reach parity with the dollar. Comparisons between Britain and emerging markets swirled; the imf slammed Mr Kwarteng’s plan. After the worst start to a new administration in memory, people are already asking how long the new prime minister, Liz Truss, may last.

I do appreciate her strident stance against Russia. Other than that I really don't know anything about her.

What really happened here? Something unprecedented in the modern history of rich nations. The guy running the economy had triggered a currency crisis. This is the kind of thing that we see in “emerging markets,” aka developing countries, poor ones. Some crackpot takes control of the economy, the markets get spooked, and bang — there’s a run on that currency. Everyone wants to flee from it, because the crackpot now running the economy is going to torch it.

Insane.

The discussion of the UK's fiscal brilliance here.............. cough........ merits examining the primary source material. They called it a 'Growth Plan'; perhaps they meant in the same fashion as a cancerous tumour.

From the above, a look at what they've done:

Energy:

1664469262774.png

I'm skipping only a few bits that seem too dominated by political jargon rather than substance, the entire thing can be read at the link:

1664469354478.png

Growth/business stimulus:

1664469505269.png

1664469556297.png

1664469579035.png

1664469693543.png

1664469736239.png

Housing stimulus:

1664469787083.png

Infrastructure:

1664469850556.png

Pro gig-economy: