News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Absolutely (with apologies to The Admiral' in another thread). I don't know if it is true that prorogation has not been disallowed in 800 years, but it wasn't the Court's doing; it's only been around since 2009 (before that, the role was held by a division of the House of Lords - their upper house). Its scope is quite different than ours and it will be interesting how they flesh out their authority in the years to come. Contrary to the claim of overreach, the Court has affirmed the authority of Parliament to govern - all of it and all of its rules, procedures and precedents, not just the person who heads the party that commanded the confidence of the House at the beginning of the current session. I'm not sure he currently does but that procedure has to run its messy course.
Supremacy of Parliament, as opposed to the PMO, is something we could do with a dose of here.

Is it true that for 800 years a prorogation has never been disallowed.
Now with judicial overreach, it happened.
Sad how democracy is being eroded.

What general election did BoJo win...?

I suppose Charles I is one of your role models.

Johnson refuses to say sorry for remarks about murdered MP Jo Cox

U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson faces backlash over confrontational language

Country's political culture has turned 'toxic,' Speaker of the House warns

Boris Johnson's sister calls him 'tasteless' and 'reprehensible'

Johnson’s Plan for EU Divorce Deal Hits Trouble: Brexit Update

Tim Ross, Kitty Donaldson and Thomas Penny
Bloomberg October 1, 2019

What a stubborn idiot. Typically of a conservative, when faced with facts that don't suit his agenda, instead of adjusting he just doubles down on his untenable position and ratchets up the rhetoric.

He'll be out of a job soon.

iu

Banksy comment on British House of Commons. From link.

Honestly, he strikes me as a rich child who grew up purposely breaking every expensive toy his indulgent parents continually bought him. Now, his toy is the UK.

Honestly, he strikes me as a rich child who grew up purposely breaking every expensive toy his indulgent parents continually bought him. Now, his toy is the UK.
I usually open a few tabs to read the threads.
Until the last 2 letters, I swear you were talking about Trudeau.

Reactions: DSC

Back