News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

it doesn't make sense to put this much trucking focused development away from any freeways.
Unless they've received political assurances the highway will happen and are, you know, more than a little concerned about real estate costs elsewhere.

Hell, by building out there they create demand for the highway, so in the worst case they are gambling that increased operations costs for being off a delayed highway will be reasonable when compared with the cheaper property.

Unless they've received political assurances the highway will happen and are, you know, more than a little concerned about real estate costs elsewhere.

Hell, by building out there they create demand for the highway, so in the worst case they are gambling that increased operations costs for being off a delayed highway will be reasonable when compared with the cheaper property.
I'd rather have industrial development compared to residential suburbs in Southern Caledon tbh

Not me. This amount of truck traffic is dangerous and could result in fatal accidents that otherwise would be avoided with residential.
It's not like there won't be any truck traffic with residential, people need to shop somewhere. Also, people can die from not-truck traffic.

just pathetic.
Between Square 1, Cooksville, Hurontario/Eglinton, Dundas, Port Credit (Brightwater), Lakeview - Mississauga could easily intensify and accommodate that population growth.
Mississauga has approx 720k living in 292 km2, 2467 people/km2
Toronto has 2.72m living on 630 km2, 4334 people/km2
Misissauga does not lack land, it lacks imagination..
And it's ironic how Mississauga "opposes" the gta west highway because of environmental "concerns" but they're okay with farmland being developed on? ehhh????

It makes you wonder what commitments under the table have been made when there are so many distribution centers going up in this area. They aren't building them on the 400, 404, and most aren't up against the 410, but right where the "theoretical" 413 would be. Auckland's Granger, Trillium Supply Chain, Pure Industrial, Prologis, DB Schenker, new Amazon Distribution centers, Canadian Tire distribution center... it doesn't make sense to put this much trucking focused development away from any freeways.

The Bolton warehouse area is where it is because of the CP Intermodal yard right there and the CN intermodal yard relatively close by. Having the large Brampton population close by for the labour pool is a plus. The 427 access (which is much better now that it's open to Major Mack) is important too. The 413 would be a huge benefit to them, yes, but given the uncertainty of that project, plus the fact that it wouldn't even open until 2030 if work started now, makes me think that the existing infrastructure and population was the reason for their site location.

In particular, Canadian Tire likes to be close to intermodal yards, given the locations of its two older warehouses in Brampton.

https://peelregion.ca/officialplan/review/focus-areas/settlement-area-boundary.asp#purpose

In case people want to look more into it.

It doesn't supprise me that council supports the corridor as it would benefit industrial development in southern Caledon. In the end Caledon only has the Bolton GO train proposal, everywhere else? roads... that's the easiest way to travel in Caledon.

These environmentalists are fighting the wrong battle, if they wanna stop sprawl, they gotta go the the municipal government. Stopping this highway won't stop the sprawl, it'll only delay it.

This is another perfect example of these environmentalists thinking that stopping the highway will stop sprawl in those regions.

They are so delusional, it makes my head hurt, like do they not understand that development will happen with or without the highway, and most of the land is already owned by developers or for sale.

This is another perfect example of these environmentalists thinking that stopping the highway will stop sprawl in those regions.

They are so delusional, it makes my head hurt, like do they not understand that development will happen with or without the highway, and most of the land is already owned by developers or for sale.
"Because something bad is going to happen anyways, we might as well encourage it" is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Back