News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Concrete girders have been put up on the new Tremaine Rd overpass. Got a quick shot with my dashcam, not a lot of detial but I thought the silhoutte was pretty.....

IMG240422-050700~2.JPG

Does anyone know if they will be widening the 401 past Regional Road 25 to the new Tremaine Road interchange? It seemed that they were grading for additional lanes under the span over the westbound lanes. I've always thought the sudden collapse down to 3 lanes from 5 at Regional Road 25 made absolutely no sense, but extending the 4th lane to Tremaine would make a fair bit more and would at least spread the reduction over a longer stretch instead of the span of a single interchange.

Also, will they be keeping the old Tremaine Road overpass, or will it be removed once the new road is opened?

Does anyone know if they will be widening the 401 past Regional Road 25 to the new Tremaine Road interchange? It seemed that they were grading for additional lanes under the span over the westbound lanes. I've always thought the sudden collapse down to 3 lanes from 5 at Regional Road 25 made absolutely no sense, but extending the 4th lane to Tremaine would make a fair bit more and would at least spread the reduction over a longer stretch instead of the span of a single interchange.

Also, will they be keeping the old Tremaine Road overpass, or will it be removed once the new road is opened?
There are plans to widen HWY 401 from Highway 25 to the Halton-Wellington boundary. Consultations are still underway and the TESR is not expected to be completed until 2026 as per the project website.

They are planning on carrying 10 lanes all the way through to Waterloo Region but it is being done in stages. There are 3 sections left - this section, the Morristown Bypass/HWY 6 section, and the section from Wellington Road 35 to Townline Road.

It will be removed. The old Tremaine bridge will need to be demolished in order to connect the eastbound exit and westbound entrance lanes around the same location. So the timeline will be: new overpass opens, old bridge closed, new interchange opens, highway widened.

The old bridge could be reconstructed but there would be no real purpose.

Back