News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a special on one clinical trial for another type of cancer. They cured one person but wanted to test the upper limits of treatment with the next one and they died a horrible death. So you could end up being far worse off with this time of thing.

And clinical trials for cancer quite (if not most) often isn't for a curative intent - you'd see Stage IV patients jumping from one clinical trail to another and then another, so on an so forth just to attempt to hold things at bay. And eventually one runs out of things to try.

AoD

Of mice and men, I don't even think they're anywhere near "clinical trials" on this one based on the medical papers posted here earlier. Its a very long process to get to that.

Of mice and men, I don't even think they're anywhere near "clinical trials" on this one based on the medical papers posted here earlier. Its a very long process to get to that.

Not really, depending on which hospital you go to - and at research hospitals it's quick and easy. At PMH they slot you into potential trials given your conditions and all you needed to do is consent to take part. Now then ones abroad are a totally different matter entirely.

AoD

Not really, depending on which hospital you go to - and at research hospitals it's quick and easy. At PMH they slot you into potential trials given your conditions and all you needed to do is consent to take part. Now then ones abroad are a totally different matter entirely.

AoD

It's not a common type of cancer so clinical trials would be limited. No money in it. I do know that if Doug's talking about clinical trials, Rob has been told there's nothing more to be done.

The one I saw was for a rare, hard to treat brain tumour. They infected it with a bit of the polio disease, hoping the body would then attack it and the tumour. It totally eliminated the tumour in one patient. Next, they tested the upper dosage limits and that patients brain swelled and caused all sorts of complications. Pretty interesting stuff though.

It sounds like at this point Rob's getting chemo to extend his life so he can spend a few extra weeks with family. That's where my aunt's at with her brain/lung tumours. Though she's getting pretty week. She fell in the bathtub and knocked herself out.

It's not a common type of cancer so clinical trials would be limited. No money in it. I do know that if Doug's talking about clinical trials, Rob has been told there's nothing more to be done.

I suspect that the chemo story is just a cover for him being terminally ill.

It sounds like at this point Rob's getting chemo to extend his life so he can spend a few extra weeks with family.

You can do that?

The one I saw was for a rare, hard to treat brain tumour. They infected it with a bit of the polio disease, hoping the body would then attack it and the tumour. It totally eliminated the tumour in one patient. Next, they tested the upper dosage limits and that patients brain swelled and caused all sorts of complications. Pretty interesting stuff though.

The whole new range of immunotherapies (using one's own immune system, modified or otherwise - one of the hottest areas of research right now) to attack cancers cells can also trigger eactions like cytokine storm, which is pretty deadly if not controlled.

AoD

Last edited:
Actually, LeDrew did ask Doug about Rob's health and Doug said the former mayor is back in hospital and in "pretty bad shape," which could mean it's the beginning of the end, folks. I think there will be more from Doug re: Rob's condition later this afternoon. Stay tuned.
http://www.cp24.com/news/rob-ford-admitted-to-hospital-amid-battle-with-cancer-1.2801142

Why is DoFo's opinion on anything worthy of airtime? He's a private businessman.
Scripted reality show style entertainment.

As usual, Doug is taking care of Doug. It looks like Rob is checking out and Doug wants to keep his name in the game. He can't ride Rob's coat tails once Rob's in a coffin.
Best brother ever.
When Rob dies he becomes a martyr and the real fun ensues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back