News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
ca_national_post.750.jpg

Totally grumpy cat.

Not really, Evva. Right now, the reporters want 5W information. The basics — Is it cancer? If so, is it recurrence or something new? What's the treatment plan? Will you keep working? Yadda. Yadda. That's what scrums are like: one is generally looking for basic info. The hashing out comes later, assuming editors want to go there. Personally, I wouldn't blame if they want to leave the family alone (CP24 notwithstanding).
i disagree. since we 'know' he waited with pain last time, and that was likely why the tumour was so big when they found it, they could have easily asked why he waited again / didn't he learn his lesson last time?

i disagree. since we 'know' he waited with pain last time, and that was likely why the tumour was so big when they found it, they could have easily asked why he waited again / didn't he learn his lesson last time?

He was too busy helping Harper lose the election.

Did he shave his head after the first round of chemo to look more pathetic? It grew back awful quick.

And regardless of how real his plight is now, there is no way he is not milking this for all it's worth as a diversion to Towhey's book. The NatPo cover quotation is meant to tug on heart strings. The Peat tweet about cost cutting - so hypocritical, so picayune - was meant to appeal to his core as a distraction from his much larger newly revealed faults.

I'm not without compassion but I'm not without anger and disgust either.

Last edited:
i haven't listened to this yet, but...

Everything is political (and personal) when it comes to Rob Ford and Patrick Brazeau's reputations
On the Show:

Patrick Brazeau, Ian Lee, Jim Stanford, Mark Towhey

Suspended senator Patrick Brazeau says he wants to put cocaine possession and assault charges behind him and put his focus towards getting back in the Senate and his fraud and breach of trust trial coming up next year.
[...]
Mark Towhey, Rob Ford’s chief of staff during the craziest years — the alcohol, domestic abuse, drugs, the lies, but also the victories — His new book called Uncontrollable is out now and it is the best inside account of the Ford years you will read.
http://everythingispolitical.ca/epi...-to-rob-ford-and-patrick-brazeaus-reputations

Can't stop penny pinching and dissing councilors even on his deathbed, not that Rob wrote a word of it. Good replies to the tweet tho. Is Rob planning to be at Council to raise these pressing issues?
i dunno... parts of it are written poorly enough that i believe he may have written it.

i would love to see someone give him a 'taste of his own medicine'... something that itemizes his wastefulness. show us a breakdown of how much he technically got paid per hour vs. others (as in, if he only worked a few hours a day, but was still paid a full day's salary, he was making something like $160/hr instead of $80/hr, or about $1700 of waste per month... the $60 (or whatever it was) day sandwich run, which is $300 per week, for however many weeks, etc.)

and then maybe point out the flaws in what he's trying to call others out for. example... if a councillor making about $60 an hour takes the TTC to save (let's say) $10 in fare, but then takes (let's say) a half hour extra to get somewhere, that's actually a net loss of $20, not a saving. etc.

Rob doesn't learn lessons, he compounds mistakes. And as SweetLou so eloquently explained Rob has trouble with comprehension and, I would add, with conceptualization as in "if it happened before, it could happen again".

And you ask why didn't the press ask about economic analysis of his cost "efficiencies". It seems to me it would be hard for them to start now, under the circumstances.

If he dies soon my only regret may be that he found a way to beat Trudeau's tax increases.

Rob might be eligible for the $2,500 death benefits (hasn't gone up or adjusted for inflation in decades), if he contributed to CPP... unless he found a way around not to pay for his and the company's contributions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back