8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Rider ‏@dmrider 29m29 minutes ago

No health update from @TorontoRobFord but his office says the councillor, expected to restart chemo soon, hopes to be at tomo's council mtng

4:01 PM - 2 Nov 2015 · Details

So isn't this the meeting where he is going to bitch about his fellow councillors' spending habits and bring forth a motion to deal with them? And I'm sure he's going to get a nice reception from Thompson, Berardinetti and all the others he singled out for frivolous spending.

I just hope one of the councillors beat him to the punch and first brings up a motion that councillors (and mayors) aren't able to use city staff members to go out on 3 hour sandwich runs for their daughters. And all the time while they are talking on the motion, they need to be staring at Ford.

I was chatting with one of Ford's old buddies today. He confirmed what I already heard--when the crack video story hit all of Ford's friends bailed on him. It was pretty much just Sandro and Bruno who stuck by him. He compared it to the fall of Sadam!

I have another theory as to why criminals seem to become staunch conservatives when they go legit--now that they're working way harder for sometimes far less money and paying taxes on top of that, they get really pissed when that money is wasted. Like one ex con I was talking to the other day who used to make big money dealing has now gone legit and is part of the rabid anti-Wynne/anti-Liberal crowd.

Last edited:
I was chatting with one of Ford's old buddies today. He confirmed what I already heard--when the crack video story hit all of Ford's friends bailed on him. It was pretty much just Sandro and Bruno who stuck by him. He compared it to the fall of Sadam!
does that mean that basically all his friends didn't know he was hanging out with gang members and doing drugs? or did they just bail once it became publicly known?

also... any insight into who his buddies were?

I just hope one of the councillors beat him to the punch and first brings up a motion that councillors (and mayors) aren't able to use city staff members to go out on 3 hour sandwich runs for their daughters. And all the time while they are talking on the motion, they need to be staring at Ford.
they wont though...
So isn't this the meeting where he is going to bitch about his fellow councillors' spending habits and bring forth a motion to deal with them? And I'm sure he's going to get a nice reception from Thompson, Berardinetti and all the others he singled out for frivolous spending.

Nope, none of them will have the stones for any of that. Because CANCER.

does that mean that basically all his friends didn't know he was hanging out with gang members and doing drugs? or did they just bail once it became publicly known?

also... any insight into who his buddies were?

Seems likely Sandro at least is getting quid pro quo. Free lawyers n all.

I wondered if he wouldn't show up.

They are still going through all the preliminary stuff and finalizing the agenda. Even when he was mayor, he'd never show up until all this was out of the way. The only reason he might have to be there would be to put holds on all his pet peeves, but he does that in advance.

On that, it looks as if we can look forward to him making a little speech in Council opposing the appointment of Anne Michaels as Toronto's new Poet Laureate, no doubt including a reasoned critque of her work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back