News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sneak peek at Rob Ford's funeral:

8f22-094.jpg

The vitriol displayed in this thread is utterly disgusting and makes Trump's despicable conduct seem mild by comparison. A man has fallen victim to a horrible disease at a very young age. A father, a husband, a brother and yes, a troubled and very controversial former mayor of the biggest city in Canada. Your criticisms have been noted, I assure you. The moderators should really shut this thread down. Is that what this forum is about? Spewing hatred and animosity at fallen leaders?

If you are that fixated on the past, I suggest you look deep within yourself at the source of your anger and frustrations- I can assure you it doesn't actually emanate from a deeply troubled person who tragically no longer walks the earth.

The best part of that post was what was at the bottom: "CowboyLogic and droyces like this".

I have to say, I'm a little proud of Rob, that he could get under people's skin this badly. The lessons haven't been learned, which is good in a way, because it will ensure candidates like Ford keep winning. . . . Donald Trump gets it. He's taking a good chunk of the Democrat's support too, even among the minorities, just like Rob. I'm looking forward to his presidency, and I have no doubt it will happen. So, I'm signing off, and I'm going to go back to celebrating this man. He was the best mayor I'll ever see in my lifetime. Inspiring.

I would rather have Ford's foibles tie me into knots for the rest of my life, than be a person who would celebrate the Fords and Trumps of this world and the chaos they bring.

Turns out there's something worse than an anti-Ford obsessive like me and that's a proud, articulate, and unrepentant nihilist.

Oh my, this brings back memories. I remember when every regular member of this board was convinced I was David Price, and everything I said was linked back to that man through some paranoid, deluded logic.

I have to say, I expected vitriol on this board, but what I found was far more bizarre. People who hate Rob Ford but are actually personally affronted by him dying and by his family grieving him. Even when this guy dies, he's still pissing you off somehow. The man has been out of the mayor's office for years, and yet it appears people have been posting here this entire time, frothing with rage and getting worked up over...what?

There are a lot of politicians I despise. For instance, I consider Trudeau my antithesis in nearly everything, except for maybe our good looks. Still, for all I dislike the man, I cannot imagine him occupying my head space like Ford does with some of you. I read the newspaper, stay informed on his policies, and don't think about him otherwise. Why would I? Yet, for some of the people here, Ford is more of an obsession than it is for the Ford Nation folks. He dies, and its a grievance against you. I'm imagining some of you 10, 20, 30, 40 years from now, retired or on your deathbed, still thinking about this man.

That one comment, with the fellow crying and being triggered by Ford's memorial, made me laugh initially, but its actually just bizarre. This is very unhinged -- I mean, think about whether you could say this stuff on a news program without looking completely crazy. That's a pretty good litmus test.

I have to say, I'm a little proud of Rob, that he could get under people's skin this badly.

The lessons haven't been learned, which is good in a way, because it will ensure candidates like Ford keep winning. I remember when Metro Man said Olivia Chow would win with her "We are all one" BS campaign, and people mocked me for saying she'd flop. Look how that turned out. Donald Trump gets it. He's taking a good chunk of the Democrat's support too, even among the minorities, just like Rob. I'm looking forward to his presidency, and I have no doubt it will happen.

So, I'm signing off, and I'm going to go back to celebrating this man. He was the best mayor I'll ever see in my lifetime. Inspiring. Hell, maybe one day, I'll follow in his footsteps and enter politics. ;) Who knows? I will give you guys a wink if I ever do.

Peace out!

You write like you've done Ashley Madison.

The best part of that post was what was at the bottom: "CowboyLogic and droyces like this".
For all we know they are the same person like Dave From (insert area here).

A lot of the support comes from people who couldn't vote for him and only knew about what he did from the media.

And when it comes to this statue idea, they're probably also the kind who'd have defended the "beautiful" Mother Canada statue proposal against loser elitist haters etc etc.

Yup. And holy shit she is continuing the lies about the awful people who wanted him to give up his job, because it was all their fault. That poor puppy.

And, I'm still asking...why a "puppy"? If I may address Renata et al--look: you're not just getting a "puppy"; you're getting a dog that just happens to be a puppy at the moment you get him. If you simply think in terms of "puppy"...your ideal isn't a flesh and blood living creature; it's a play toy. By not thinking this issue through, you're disrespecting the animal; you're abusing him, in the name of filling some empty, stunted void in your lives. Are you prepared to handle the puppy when it becomes a grown canine? That requires a lot of careful thought and planning and responsibility. Otherwise, you might lose the poor pup sooner rather than later--I'm warning you. Seriously.

For all we know they are the same person like Dave From (insert area here).

Not to be confused with David Frum--who despite his popularly-presumed political lean, would probably be shaking his own head over the Ford saga...

WKL and Everyone:

Thanks for the Toronto Sun link with the information on Rob Ford's wake and funeral.

What this looks like to me is that this will turn
into a public spectacle - a two day wake and
viewing at City Hall with a public church service is much more then I had expected.

What I was thinking was to have a wake at
a venue close to home in Etobicoke and a private service and funeral for family and
friends to pay respects to RF and the Ford
Family. Something relatively low key.

Instead what may happen is that there could
be protests by anti-Ford citizens that will be
right alongside Ford Nation types and may
be even a recipe for trouble.

RF was controversial in life and with this
very public wake and funeral coming next
week he will be again controversial in death.

If something bad does happen it will be another embarassment for Toronto and
the legacy that RF leaves the City.

In this case the whole world may very well be watching along with interested people like me.

Long Island Mike

The vitriol displayed in this thread is utterly disgusting and makes Trump's despicable conduct seem mild by comparison. A man has fallen victim to a horrible disease at a very young age. A father, a husband, a brother and yes, a troubled and very controversial former mayor of the biggest city in Canada. Your criticisms have been noted, I assure you. The moderators should really shut this thread down. Is that what this forum is about? Spewing hatred and animosity at fallen leaders?

If you are that fixated on the past, I suggest you look deep within yourself at the source of your anger and frustrations- I can assure you it doesn't actually emanate from a deeply troubled person who tragically no longer walks the earth.
Some people actually think it's very important that the very real damage this man did isn't buried under all the "He really cared about taxpayers" homilies. I'd argue it's more important to remember the truth than to bury it with the dead.

Oh my, this brings back memories. I remember when every regular member of this board was convinced I was David Price, and everything I said was linked back to that man through some paranoid, deluded logic.

I have to say, I expected vitriol on this board, but what I found was far more bizarre. People who hate Rob Ford but are actually personally affronted by him dying and by his family grieving him. Even when this guy dies, he's still pissing you off somehow. The man has been out of the mayor's office for years, and yet it appears people have been posting here this entire time, frothing with rage and getting worked up over...what?

There are a lot of politicians I despise. For instance, I consider Trudeau my antithesis in nearly everything, except for maybe our good looks. Still, for all I dislike the man, I cannot imagine him occupying my head space like Ford does with some of you. I read the newspaper, stay informed on his policies, and don't think about him otherwise. Why would I? Yet, for some of the people here, Ford is more of an obsession than it is for the Ford Nation folks. He dies, and its a grievance against you. I'm imagining some of you 10, 20, 30, 40 years from now, retired or on your deathbed, still thinking about this man.

That one comment, with the fellow crying and being triggered by Ford's memorial, made me laugh initially, but its actually just bizarre. This is very unhinged -- I mean, think about whether you could say this stuff on a news program without looking completely crazy. That's a pretty good litmus test.

I have to say, I'm a little proud of Rob, that he could get under people's skin this badly.

The lessons haven't been learned, which is good in a way, because it will ensure candidates like Ford keep winning. I remember when Metro Man said Olivia Chow would win with her "We are all one" BS campaign, and people mocked me for saying she'd flop. Look how that turned out. Donald Trump gets it. He's taking a good chunk of the Democrat's support too, even among the minorities, just like Rob. I'm looking forward to his presidency, and I have no doubt it will happen.

So, I'm signing off, and I'm going to go back to celebrating this man. He was the best mayor I'll ever see in my lifetime. Inspiring. Hell, maybe one day, I'll follow in his footsteps and enter politics. ;) Who knows? I will give you guys a wink if I ever do.

Peace out!
You're like the Dad everyone moves to the city to get away from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back