News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more they play this clip of Stephanie's speech the more you are able to parse out the language and phrasing and also see Renata's body language -- at one point she's silently mouthing the words as she does a little conductor move with her hand.

Also, should I be offended because I'm not a common person, a regular guy, salt of the earth etc...doesn't the Mayor promise to represent all citizens? I pay taxes, volunteer and contribute to this city.

Now CP24 is playing amazing grace underneath Doug's speech about Mr.Sub.

Please let this be the end.

Last edited:
As for Stephanie's speech -

It means so much to my brother Dougie and I.​

- I detect the hand of uncle Doug.

Hahaha. "He's the Mayor of Heaven now. Respecting taxpayers and returning phone calls to the little guys in Heaven."

Love this photo. So much good in here. "Orientals", "Ford Nation RIP", the Rob/Elvis/Marilyn/Bob/Celine sign, and of course Zanta.

It's truly a terrifying image but I thought it worked better with a little context. You know, in case any newcomers didn't know who we were talking about.

Attachments

• 26111653946_9a19dbd802_c.jpg
    26111653946_9a19dbd802_c.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 230
The Peter Principle, see Rob Ford.

Rob Ford, see Peter Principle.

From this link.

The Peter principle is a concept in management theory formulated by Laurence J. Peter in which the selection of a candidate for a position is based on the candidate's performance in their current role, rather than on abilities relevant to the intended role. Thus, employees only stop being promoted once they can no longer perform effectively, and "managers rise to the level of their incompetence."
So true with Rob Ford.

Screen shot 2016-03-30 at 7.09.42 PM.png

Ce1LnjqWEAAK4Fp.jpg_large.jpg

Attachments

• Ce1LnjqWEAAK4Fp.jpg_large.jpg
    Ce1LnjqWEAAK4Fp.jpg_large.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 686
  • Screen shot 2016-03-30 at 7.09.42 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-03-30 at 7.09.42 PM.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 656
Re: Wynne and Tory's contributions to this ongoing travesty. As we can see across the border with the snake pit that's become of the Republican Party, it's dangerous to encourage this kind of extremism. Give people like Doug Ford an inch, even if only to show the minimum amount of decorum or politeness, and they'll take as much advantage as they can get away with every time. As we've all just seen. And it was a repugnant display, wasn't it?

Most elections these days are exercises in lesser-evilism, in which inoffensive centrist mediocrities are generally the only viable choice if we want to keep out-and-out lunatics from public office. Both Wynne and Tory are beneficiaries of this unfortunate state of affairs, and that being the case, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to put some effort in blocking this kind of crap. Especially when they would pay no price for doing so. Ford Nayshun isn't a political movement; it's a bizarre cult of personality whose object of worship has just kicked the bucket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back