News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to make a mountain out of a molehill, but I meant to pick up this particular thread again a couple of days ago. Sorry to be late:

You guys may be right, but if the remark in question was intended in the spirit that several of us assumed, I can't say that I find anything especially subtle about "Johnny Wynne."

I'm not really a fan of Wynne's, and as I said back when the funeral/FoFam political rally was in the news, she had no business showing up there to pay her "respects" to a self-serving, irresponsible political bomb thrower who had nothing but contempt for her. What respects? It was pure opportunism, IMO, of the same sort that had supposedly intelligent people at City Hall (Karen Stintz, for one) stupidly thinking they could peel off some of Rofo's fanbase by going easy on him during the worst of his excesses. Any reasonably intelligent child could have observed the situation and told them otherwise.

In the funeral's aftermath, we've had the creep who shits out the IHTWORF page refer to Wynne and her partner as "freaks," good old SAL snarling about "left wing extremists" attending the funeral - this in regards to Wynne, who's solidly in the neoliberal/tepid corporate centrist crowd, by the by - and this charming slur from dear Renata. I doubt any of this is even on Wynne's radar, but my point is that she has no business sucking up to these kinds of fringe elements when it's her supposed middle-of-the-road 'respectability' that's largely responsible for her being in office to begin with.

Under the same umbrella, oddly enough, is young Mikey, and I gotta agree that he's too normal (and basically too decent) for his dirtbag uncle's mouth frothing fans. If the Famiglia really does intend to have him run for Ward 2, I don't know that it's a given that he'd automatically win.

I think he'd win just on the name, and he'd probably do a much better job than either one of his uncles. At least he seems kinder than his uncles, so there is that. I'm sure there are plenty of much smarter, better suited people for the job, but unfortunately, they aren't named Ford.

I'm not really a fan of Wynne's, and as I said back when the funeral/FoFam political rally was in the news, she had no business showing up there to pay her "respects" to a self-serving, irresponsible political bomb thrower who had nothing but contempt for her. What respects? It was pure opportunism, IMO, of the same sort that had supposedly intelligent people at City Hall (Karen Stintz, for one) stupidly thinking they could peel off some of Rofo's fanbase by going easy on him during the worst of his excesses. Any reasonably intelligent child could have observed the situation and told them otherwise.

In the funeral's aftermath, we've had the creep who shits out the IHTWORF page refer to Wynne and her partner as "freaks," good old SAL snarling about "left wing extremists" attending the funeral.

There's no way to win the funeral attendance argument. Critics of Ford's who showed up were lambasted as 'hypocrites' by the likes of SAL, but if they hadn't been there they'd have been labelled 'disrespectful'. Were there invitations? What did Tory actually promise the family? We may never know.

There's no way to win the funeral attendance argument. Critics of Ford's who showed up were lambasted as 'hypocrites' by the likes of SAL, but if they hadn't been there they'd have been labelled 'disrespectful'. Were there invitations? What did Tory actually promise the family? We may never know.
It does no good to tell Ford Nation that people like Vaughan and Wynne were specifically invited by the family through the protocol office and were instructed where to sit when they got there. Cause that doesn't allow for outrage. Of course Dougie wanted Wynne there to show how important Robbie was (look everyone, even the Premier of Ontario came!).

The appearance of Wynne and other Ford rivals at the funeral reminds me of the State of the Union speeches by George W. Bush and how everyone, from both sides of the aisle, cheered as his entrance was announced. They weren't necessarily cheering him as a person, but the office of the president as an entity. Perhaps that was their thinking, they came to the funeral not because it was Rob Ford but because it was the former mayor of Toronto.

Even the puppy she promised to get the kids turned out to be all about herself.

She posted the picture again, and then again, describing it as the 'puppey' [sic] she got for her kids. It's like someone tipped her off ...

Not only is she barely literate and super corny, she also doesn't seem to get how social media works.

She posted the picture again, and then again, describing it as the 'puppey' [sic] she got for her kids. It's like someone tipped her off ...

Not only is she barely literate and super corny, she also doesn't seem to get how social media works.
She seems to duplicate post often.

Y'know: ideally, she *would* have gotten the kids a dog, since she said she would. Maybe she *did* get one, and this picture was a, uh, metaphorical representation of said dog. However, if there *is* no actual dog other than this illustration...she'd be a pretty wretchedly cruel parent, indeed...

Many people suffer the loss of loved one, many are totally distraught and unable to function for a while, some pick up the pieces of what is left over of their lives and carry on in an orderly manner. Grief affects everyone differently, but I can assure you I have never ever seen a bereft widow posting funeral photographs of herself on social media. It is borderline psychotic.

Many people suffer the loss of loved one, many are totally distraught and unable to function for a while, some pick up the pieces of what is left over of their lives and carry on in an orderly manner. Grief affects everyone differently, but I can assure you I have never ever seen a bereft widow posting funeral photographs of herself on social media. It is borderline psychotic.
Good thing Doug's top priority is to take care of the family. Otherwise things might get ugly.

Maybe she should be allowed to process her grief the way she wants, but this looks a lot like narcissism. And delusion. She probably does miss him in some co-dependent way but he had a lot to answer for in the way he treated her.
You know, it's really none of our business. Rob is dead, and Renata has not (yet) put her name on any ballot.

I'm sure some people here are disappointed that she didn't do an about-face and bring out some dirty Ford laundry. She is ultimately responsible for what she posts on Facebook and one could argue it's her own fault for not having more private settings (maybe she's clueless that such a thing exists, let alone how to do it). But I don't think we should be bringing her posts here on a regular basis and dissecting her psyche.

Unless she's posting selfies of herself with Sandro Lisi or the Bassos, or does something else related to Rob's scandals/shady contacts, there's no reason to keep bringing that stuff here.

They will dismiss the poll, as they always do. Maybe they polled the wrong people or something like that...

Just moving things to the side for a moment... What ever happened to Dougie's basketball team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back