News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget about the best brother ever. For the first time in his life Rob was more popular than Doug and I don't think Doug knew how to react to his new role. I think Doug's still surprised that his stupid little brother managed to create "Ford Nation".

This is so true ahah.

That Kevin Clarke guy who's running in ward 2 just followed me on twitter. So it's him, Strain and Mikey?

As of Friday:

Screen Shot 2016-05-15 at 12.39.26 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-15 at 12.39.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-15 at 12.39.26 PM.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 545
Rob wanted the title, not the job. He wanted to impress the Cachet Ladies and the FN hangers on and the Boys in the Hood. He wanted to be a whale in the pond who could dis all those snotty "elites" that ignored him, kinda like beating Richview Collegiate in the finals.

For those who don't know, Richview Collegiate had Steven Harper (22nd Prime Minister) as a graduate. Rob Ford was a graduate of Scarlett Heights Entrepreneurial Academy.

Allegedly.

There is so much truth to this. Doug's behaviour after Rob's death really sealed it. He was used to being the better looking, skinnier brother with the big house, prettier wife. Then Rob became both mayor and a cult hero.
Its been like one of those Soap Operas our moms or grannies used to watch ...Days of our Lives. Only this one should have had the series ender with Rob's funeral.

There is so much truth to this. Doug's behaviour after Rob's death really sealed it. He was used to being the better looking, skinnier brother with the big house, prettier wife. Then Rob became both mayor and a cult hero.
Don't forget that it was also Robbie that kept Dougie in line with association to libel and slander, for the most part.

What is more intriguing is the fascination of ward 2 with these Ford Holes who are totally inapt and unsuited for public office. Mikey is politely obedient to the point of being creepy and suffering from an inability to finish any task he takes on. The perfect hand puppet for uncle Doug.

For those who don't know, Richview Collegiate had Steven Harper (22nd Prime Minister) as a graduate. Rob Ford was a graduate of Scarlett Heights Entrepreneurial Academy.

Allegedly.

Actually, Scarlett Heights wasn't rebranded/reborn as a "Entrepreneurial Academy" until 1998/9--in large part because the previous SHCI wilted away thanks to declining enrolment and an iffy rep thanks to alumni such as, uh, you know who.

And ironically or not, it was all fueled by the the Harris-era ethos of cutbacks, cutbacks, cutbacks--with Doug Sr. as the local MPP, to boot. (Though Doug Sr. probably would have welcomed the change on the grounds that it'd generate serious nose-to-the-grindstone businessmen like Doug Jr. rather than useless-puke drunken benchwarmers like Rob. Think of it as the right-of-centre answer to Royal York Collegiate being reborn as Etobicoke School of the Arts.)

Rob wanted the title, not the job. He wanted to impress the Cachet Ladies and the FN hangers on and the Boys in the Hood. He wanted to be a whale in the pond who could dis all those snotty "elites" that ignored him, kinda like beating Richview Collegiate in the finals.

And the $200k. He didn't want the job but he'll fight like hell to make sure nobody else gets it I'll tell ya dat right now.

Incidentally, re perennial candidates on the byelection ballot, Jimmy Talpa makes Kevin Clarke look like Andray Domise by comparison (and not on obvious racial grounds, either)

Incidentally, re perennial candidates on the byelection ballot, Jimmy Talpa makes Kevin Clarke look like Andray Domise by comparison (and not on obvious racial grounds, either)

Calgary's Larry Heather has been a perennial contender for about as long. I can't remember the name of the person, but they have registered for nearly 100 elections and by-elections.

Its been like one of those Soap Operas our moms or grannies used to watch ...Days of our Lives. Only this one should have had the series ender with Rob's funeral.
oh don't say that... those soap operas were notorious for running with a story for months and then telling us "oh! it was actually all a dream" -- please tell me we're not going to wake up one day and the "Rob Ford" signs are back in the window while he sits in council in a track suit!

Actually, Scarlett Heights wasn't rebranded/reborn as a "Entrepreneurial Academy" until 1998/9--in large part because the previous SHCI wilted away thanks to declining enrolment and an iffy rep thanks to alumni such as, uh, you know who.

Hmm. "Richview Sideroad" was renamed "Eglinton Avenue West" when Eglinton was extended west from Jane Street to cross the Humber River into Etobicoke. The Richview Collegiate could be renamed using that excuse (but, we'll know the real reason is to cut ties with the former Prime Minister).

I'm almost certain that the Richview Saints must've adapted this as rally music a generation ago or so...

And ironically or not, it was all fueled by the the Harris-era ethos of cutbacks, cutbacks, cutbacks--with Doug Sr. as the local MPP, to boot. (Though Doug Sr. probably would have welcomed the change on the grounds that it'd generate serious nose-to-the-grindstone businessmen like Doug Jr. rather than useless-puke drunken benchwarmers like Rob. Think of it as the right-of-centre answer to Royal York Collegiate being reborn as Etobicoke School of the Arts.)
Ya, when I went there it was called Second Chance High. It was where you went after you'd flunked out or were expelled from a school like Richview. Very small classes in grades 9/10 because of that. They made the switch a year or two after I left. I think when the Fords went there it was actually highly regarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back