News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems to have a rosy alcohol glow to his face, when he has a purple look I think it has something to do with prescription or street narcotics. If you look at the pictures of him when he was drunk in public he is reddish and the purple glow I have seen in people who are abusing pills.

Getting pictures with someone doesn't mean you respect them or will vote for them...

Amazing how many people think posing for a picture = guaranteed supporter

He seems to have a rosy alcohol glow to his face, when he has a purple look I think it has something to do with prescription or street narcotics. If you look at the pictures of him when he was drunk in public he is reddish and the purple glow I have seen in people who are abusing pills.

I don't think that you can accurately tell if someone is inebriated based on the colour of their skin, especially in a rotund man like Rob. We see him with his face red at events all the time - because he is walking around!

It's a bit silly to play the "is he drunk?" game. Maybe, maybe not. Let's see him get pulled over for DUI, then we'll know :)

Well, you'll *really* know the jig is up if somebody at Pearson spots a portly pair of suspiciously Some Like It Hot-looking ladies named "Meryl Candidate" and "Sylvia Stalin" waiting for the next flight to Chicago

hqdefault.jpg

Just curious, if someone was hammered on vodka (which has no smell), would he still reek of alcohol?

That's a bit of a myth...would smell like alcohol but not as markedly as the more flavoured stuff like gin or rum.

Rob Ford seems to always "look drunk" even when he isn't. It pains me to type this but even Rob Ford - EVEN ROB FORD - is not dumb enough to go to this event drunk. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and sometimes an amazingly unphotogenic guy looks crappy in pictures.

on the one hand, I feel like I saw the guy I could almost imagine getting a picture with him just to enjoy how stupid it is that he thinks I like him while I'm prepared to send it to everyone I know and mock him. I am confident that most of the people getting pictures with him are not supporters.

On the other hand, clearly a) this empowers Ford, even if in his own mind b) I think, given his personal problems, it's the wrong thing to mock him in that way (someone on Twitter compared it to taking a picture of a highway accident) and c) This might sound reverse-sexist but I think it's especially wrong for a woman to pose with him, especially at an event where he reportedly grabbed another woman's ass. (At the time it sounded CRAZY when Sara Thompson said she thought he was high on coke. Remember how CRAZY that sounded??!!)

So...yeah, it's disappointing to see this going on, on several counts. Rob Ford just happens to be a politican for the Age of the Selfie; it's nothing for anyone to be proud of.

P.S. I thought everyone knew - if you want to get drunk and have no one notice, you drink Hennigans! It's no-smell, no-tell scotch.

Last edited:
@JPKnews
#RobFord's ex-aide faces federal lawsuit after admitting role in kickback scheme. Friday's @TorontoStar A1.

It is not just the colour of his skin it is little tells in expressions etc, I grew up in a home with addiction and just get a sense looking at him when he looks off. I am a bit hypersensitive to spotting it. My husband is not an alcoholic and it drives him crazy because I can smell it if he has only had one beer. I may be wrong, but to me that is what I think. If i had a superpower it might be my ability to spot a drunk in a single bound. I am the drunk whisperer.:D

@JPKnews
#RobFord's ex-aide faces federal lawsuit after admitting role in kickback scheme. Friday's @TorontoStar A1.

Nothing to see there, it's about a 10 year old thing with the federal government... No connection to city hall at all.

(she was never even charged, having co-operating with the investigation)

Last edited:
It is not just the colour of his skin it is little tells in expressions etc, I grew up in a home with addiction and just get a sense looking at him when he looks off. I am a bit hypersensitive to spotting it. My husband is not an alcoholic and it drives him crazy because I can smell it if he has only had one beer. I may be wrong, but to me that is what I think. If i had a superpower it might be my ability to spot a drunk in a single bound. I am the drunk whisperer.:D

Same in my household, but with Ford he is ALWAYS pink/red or sweaty, so it's hard to tell why at any given moment. I'd have to sniff him to know (and I have no desire to do so in this lifetime, or the many that might come later).

A twitter conversation from about an hour ago between @BenSpurr and @AlexEKimball (http://twitter.com/BenSpurr/status/441774162227773442 should show the thread):

Ben Spurr:
At the event at which Ford was accused of groping Sarah Thomson last year RT @AlexEKimball: Here is me and #RobFord. pic.twitter.com/rh2pJnmXmK

Alexandra Kimball:
@BenSpurr he actually seemed Super afraid of touching me. Or high. I'm waiting to meet Sarah Thomson, who is also here tonight...

Ben Spurr:
@AlexEKimball Did he actually seem intoxicated?

Alexandra Kimball:
@BenSpurr def confused, delayed response time. I don't know enough about all drugs/alcohol to speculate tho.

Ben Spurr:
@AlexEKimball Remarkable.

Nothing to see there, it's about a 10 year old thing with the federal government... No connection to city hall at all.

Did Ford hire her? If so it would speak to his continued lack of character judgement (as if any more was needed). If it just so happens that she worked for Ford for a bit and this all happened years ago then, yeah, that headline is another example of The Star not knowing when to pull punches when you have the guy on the ropes.

she was never even charged. So nothing would have shown up in a basic background check, and a Google check is a really new thing, and way beond the Mayor in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back