News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Ford hire her? If so it would speak to his continued lack of character judgement (as if any more was needed). If it just so happens that she worked for Ford for a bit and this all happened years ago then, yeah, that headline is another example of The Star not knowing when to pull punches when you have the guy on the ropes.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...o/476656809+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=safari

Looks like she was involved with some other scandal stuff at city hall...

A twitter conversation from about an hour ago between @BenSpurr and @AlexEKimball (http://twitter.com/BenSpurr/status/441774162227773442 should show the thread):

Ben Spurr:
At the event at which Ford was accused of groping Sarah Thomson last year RT @AlexEKimball: Here is me and #RobFord. pic.twitter.com/rh2pJnmXmK

Alexandra Kimball:
@BenSpurr he actually seemed Super afraid of touching me. Or high. I'm waiting to meet Sarah Thomson, who is also here tonight...

Ben Spurr:
@AlexEKimball Did he actually seem intoxicated?

Alexandra Kimball:
@BenSpurr def confused, delayed response time. I don't know enough about all drugs/alcohol to speculate tho.

Ben Spurr:
@AlexEKimball Remarkable.
I was just reading earlier around page 700 about this time last year when ST posted that Rf grabbed her ass. It was IWD, March 8th. She got crucified in the press/comments section for it. To me, that was the start of the public unveiling of RF's addiction issues.

David Hyde ‏@davidhyde2 22m
Campus at #YorkU on lockdown after 2 women shot in Student Centre. Police searching for shooter. A very active scene #topoli

I wonder if Rob Ford knows the shooter?
Everything crime-related will forever more be a game of 6 degrees of Rob Ford.

Campus at #YorkU on lockdown after 2 women shot in Student Centre. Police searching for shooter. A very active scene #topoli

Did this happen at York or is this past news? Can't seen anything on CP24 other than Ford....

CBC Toronto says "two non-life-threatening injuries" which is bad but obviously much, much better than worst-case.

Edit: Suspect is apparently still at large, so I hope nothing worse happens.

I work at a big-city uni, so I freak out more than a little whenever this kind of story emerges.

It's not impossible that there is some sort of Rob Ford angle on this, but if your and others' first reaction is "6 degrees of Rob Ford", that says more about the shit-cloud that Ford made for Toronto than it does about what happened at York.

Last edited:
"Rob Ford,Rob Ford whatcha goona do when they come for you?"

C and Everyone: Interesting thoughts about RF and the allegations against him...

I noticed the mention of the RF crack-smoking video being possibly released by the Toronto Police:
I feel in that case RF is literally done at that point similar to the Marion Barry situation back in January 1990 - long before
the Internet or any related media - with this publicity bound to go everywhere it would be time to take the hint and resign
to spare the City and Toronto and its people any more embarassment over this situation - RF should be careful with what
he wishes for...The COPS theme song by Inner Circle comes to mind - with "Rob Ford" instead of "Bad Boys" substituted...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd68AthoNIw The original IC song...

LI MIKE

Jeez, rape and murder and now shootings. York, get your shit together! At Waterloo all we dealt with were aggressive geese.

I have been reading Sue Ann Levy tweets and I imagine that she has been hurt an awful lot in her life and has a soft spot for Ford. He may have been nice to her when she was vulnerable. Some people find it empowering to be the savior of an underdog. I also think she may enjoy the attention she gets by being abrasive.

I don't doubt the latter, but the former? I don't know anything of her history -- who would have hurt her?

I agree that Ford supporters as a group seem to feel victimized.

I also note a consistent strain of "everyone does it, he just is the only one who gets caught", which is basically the Fords' argument. Do some Ford supporters feel that they are punished for things other people get away with, and project?

I feel that I should be saying something about how sad it is that some people are so disenchanted with our political process that they believe literally everyone participating in it is the exact same kind of crook and how we should all show more sympathy, but really, if you believe that and use it to justify your love of "the only one who got caught", you're a stupid idiot.

I think something more complex than "spoiled child" is going on with Ford. I have no reason to believe RoFo was lying when he said the Ford kids were never allowed to sleep in, etc. Look at how Doug Jr. behaves -- he isn't just indulging Rob; he routinely tears him down, he humiliates him about his weight, he threatens him with violence to keep him in line (that's probably a joke, but it's not a normal kind of joke), but no one else is allowed to say boo to Rob or Doug goes on a verbal and sometimes physical rampage. I expect the parents were the same -- harsh or even abusive in private, but eager to "defend" the kids against any and all outside discipline.

If Rob Ford was used to getting unconditional approval he wouldn't be so insecure and desperate for attention.

Last edited:
CBC Toronto says "two non-life-threatening injuries" which is bad but obviously much, much better than worst-case.

Edit: Suspect is apparently still at large, so I hope nothing worse happens.

I work at a big-city uni, so I freak out more than a little whenever this kind of story emerges.

It's not impossible that there is some sort of Rob Ford angle on this, but if your and others' first reaction is "6 degrees of Rob Ford", that says more about the shit-cloud that Ford made for Toronto than it does about what happened at York.

I just thought of the shooting that happened at the Eaton Centre a couple of years ago, and what Rf said afterwards, being 'all tough on crime'. All the while he had connections to people in gangs.

I just thought of the shooting that happened at the Eaton Centre a couple of years ago, and what Rf said afterwards, being 'all tough on crime'. All the while he had connections to people in gangs.

He doesn't think crack addicts are worth saving, too. The hypocrisy is strong with that one.

I have been reading Sue Ann Levy tweets and I imagine that she has been hurt an awful lot in her life and has a soft spot for Ford. He may have been nice to her when she was vulnerable. Some people find it empowering to be the savior of an underdog. I also think she may enjoy the attention she gets by being abrasive. I imagine also that is how some Ford supporters feel about him, they can relate to his feeling victimized. I think that Ford has never had to be accountable for much in his life and he lashes out when he gets called on it. This makes some people believe that he is powerful, but I think he is just a boorish abrasive man child who feels entitled to his perceived legacy.
I still think that the media needs to be more clinical and informative when it comes to the way they report on Ford. If the media just starts to write the basics without the perceived spin or so called bias it will start to hit home to those who still support him.

I don't buy this. The Ford's are victims only of their own stupid, mean, nasty nature. The same applies to Sewer Ann Levy and that tiresome bore Wormington.

If I may, what I think you mean to say is that the Ford's manipulate their followers into believing that they are victims, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back