News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the next step here? I find it really difficult to "connect the dots" on this one, as it were. So the idea here was that Ford was basically in and out of rehab, visiting this rando's home? I have no idea what's going on. I'm not sure it even matters. I just wish the police would arrest these clowns already, search Deco, reveal the huge gun smuggling and money laundering scheme the Ford brothers have been operating for years, and let Toronto get on with the election.

Crazy story continues.

This is all just an elaborate setup for a spinoff. With Crazy Town unlikely to be renewed in the Fall, producers have introduced a second location for a possible spinoff. Working titles so far are Mikey in Charge, Krista and Kayla take Muskoka and Crazy Town: SUV.

MY friend that lives in Mactier calls some of the southern Ontario folk that vacation up there "Citiots". He says they bring their wealth and all their bad habits and every summer a good number of local folk get caught up in their madness. Come Thanksgiving those local folk, the irresponsible ones, are now left to their own devices and gravitate toward the folks at Greenestone.

I suggest a more thorough production on this, sort of like a hardcore green Acres, full of drugs, booze and lots and lots of dysfunctional people from both groups.

Rub can play "Arnold the Pig".

I really believe that corruption has become so entrenched in the system that even rank amateurs are now taking a crack at it, with bizarre, disgusting and unexpected results.

The sheer number of arrests and corruption claims about mayors and councillors all over North America in the past year seems to give some truth to this idea.

What in the hell happened to the altruist politicians? Being a "good guy" seems so rare that politicians like Naheed Nenshi and Cory Booker get attention for simply being decent human beings.

Last edited:
Toronto Councillor Doug Ford at City Hall on Monday, May 12, 2014. (Craig Robertson/Toronto Sun)

Unfortunately, the Liberals decided that finding quick fixes to their financial mess was more important than providing these vital services to our youth. They decided to close the doors of this facility, sell it off to developers, and instead create less costly group homes in densely populated suburban family neighbourhoods. This is an issue that is now being felt in many residential communities across Toronto.

Oh, the irony. Doug Ford: defender of much needed public services against the influence of private capital.

I think we like to believe that we are above corruption and nepotism as part of the good Canadian mythology, but the reality is that we are anything but at every level of government.

AoD

Also in support of the theory that the plates were likely removed after the arrest, if McRobb (or Ford) had removed the plates so that she could drive around in the Escalade inconspicuously, wouldn't the charges have included something about driving a vehicle without plates?

If he wants to drive around incognito, rather than drive the infamous black Escalade minus the plates - guaranteed to get you stopped and charged - why not just rent a car?

I think we like to believe that we are above corruption and nepotism as part of the good Canadian mythology, but the reality is that we are anything but at every level of government.

AoD

I remember asking a member of a very well-known political family in Toronto about why so many people with his last name were on our corporate Groupwise about nepotism. He said, "You mean there's a word for that?" :D

Because you are too drunk/high to make rational decisions?

My guess - for what that is worth - is that the impound yard removed the plates when they saw reporters taking photos of the Escalade.

i wonder how many people here truly appreciated that excellent cultural reference, seeing as the television show featuring this character finished its run over 40 years ago

I did. But, only because I am a George Tobias fan from his earlier movies.:) I don't remember boys my age talking about "Bewitched".

, snip > a host of other nostalgic shows including "car 54 where are you" (obviously not too close behind ROFO), < snip >

Gosh I loved that show when I was a kid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocra_xWHnlg

There's a hold up in the Bronx,
Brooklyn's broken out in fights.
There's a traffic jam in Harlem
That's backed up to Jackson Heights.
There's a scout troup short a child,
Kruschev's due at Idlewild
Car 54, Where Are You?

Last edited:
So what's the next step here? I find it really difficult to "connect the dots" on this one, as it were. So the idea here was that Ford was basically in and out of rehab, visiting this rando's home? I have no idea what's going on. I'm not sure it even matters. I just wish the police would arrest these clowns already, search Deco, reveal the huge gun smuggling and money laundering scheme the Ford brothers have been operating for years, and let Toronto get on with the election.

"Put the dots together," as it were

More talk about moving on....Would anyone go to see this show?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts...-another-show-about-rob-ford/article18724714/

‘Oh God, not another show about Rob Ford’
J. KELLY NESTRUCK

Please, don’t write a show about Rob Ford. Please, please, please.

That’s what I’ve been saying to every theatre artist who has mused aloud about how operatic the Toronto mayor’s story is – or how like a Shakespearean character he is. No one has been listening to me, of course. Like reality-show producers and late-night comedians, theatre creators are not resisting the urge to exploit the mayor’s self-destruction for entertainment and are happy to, hypocritically, ride on his untucked shirttails.
And so I greeted the news that Mike Daisey, the American monologist best known for The Agony and the Ecstasy of Steve Jobs, would be coming to Toronto to premiere a new piece called Dreaming of Rob Ford as part of Crow’s Theatre’s East End Performance Crawl (May 21-June 1) with an eye roll.

“Oh God, not another show about Rob Ford,” I said – and that’s exactly what I repeat to Daisey when I reach him over the phone in New York. Daisey suggests that this reaction speaks to how Ford is being covered “in a really shallow way.”

“One of the things that is never talked about is how much Rob Ford being a large man affects everything about how he is contextualized,” he says. For one thing, says Daisey, it puts Ford’s refusal to resign into context. “When you’re large, you are shamed constantly, every day, to a level that people who aren’t large don’t understand at all,” he says. “You’ll find a lot of large people have a degree of shamelessness, because … they’ve understood on some level that the effort of shaming is actually the effort to silence.”

AND...one of the comments speaks to someone else's post about this sordid saga being a distraction so we don't notice something else. Tinfiol time!

LOL9 5 days ago
Rofo is a distraction - bread and circus - from this:
http://www.thedailybell.com/editori...out-to-Announce-the-End-of-the-US-Dollar-Era/
and this
http://hiddensecretsofmoney.com/blog/OutrageousCanadianCurrencyExpansion
http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back